Shifting issue with whipple?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorN/Abuild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some guys at Fastlane put my 2.9 whipple and livernois cam on my 13 raptor over a year ago. Tuned by livernois. This potential problem has been happening for a while. I'm not sure how the subscribe it. When I come to a stop the truck will downshift and right after the truck downshifts it will sound like the whipple will rev a little sounding just like a delayed downshift. Does anybody have any idea what this might be. Forgive me but I'm not exactly sure how to describe this.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this happening at very low engine speeds? If so, is your engine maybe just stalling out a little and then the computer intervenes? How's the idle with those cams? My truck doesn't have the cams but does have a monoblade. It's a lot less smooth than stock at low engine and low vehicle speeds, especially when downshifting. I really noticed this recently when I got a quick ride in another member's whippled truck.

Mine is better after running some injector cleaner... and I'm also planning to clean the MAF soon.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like a little cleaning should work for you. ( Air filter, MAF cleaner and fuel injector cleaner)
You can also try a battery reset after cleaning, it's helped me when I feel the truck isn't behaving.
Especially the way the weather has been lately, one day 60 the next 15 degrees then back the 50 and so on.
It does through the PCM for loop if your only driving short distances.

OP
OP
RaptorN/Abuild

RaptorN/Abuild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I let the computer do the downshifting so I'd stay around 800-1000rpm. I'll try downshifting it with gear select and see if it still does it.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some guys at Fastlane put my 2.9 whipple and livernois cam on my 13 raptor over a year ago. Tuned by livernois. This potential problem has been happening for a while. I'm not sure how the subscribe it. When I come to a stop the truck will downshift and right after the truck downshifts it will sound like the whipple will rev a little sounding just like a delayed downshift. Does anybody have any idea what this might be. Forgive me but I'm not exactly sure how to describe this.
Mine is NA but I had a problem a while back with under heavier braking it would stick in 3rd rev up after I stop and slam into first gear.

I ended up getting a new transmission, the fluid in mine was absolutely destroyed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk