Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]

SCT x4 it's new. I'm a little nervous.

This is a discussion on SCT x4 it's new. I'm a little nervous. within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Hey guys, anyone jumped in and purchased SCT's new tuner? It looks really nice and I assume same great quality ...

User Tag List

Sponsored By: GotExhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 08:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default SCT x4 it's new. I'm a little nervous.
Hey guys, anyone jumped in and purchased SCT's new tuner? It looks really nice and I assume same great quality as the previous model just so much more up to date with features.

I really want to take the plunge but I would love any and all feedback. I guess using a tuner makes me just a little nervous. Surely don't want to mess anything up. I just really want a little more performance and way better shifts.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have asked the same question here and it seems they are so new no one has really had a chance to use them. I am with you i like all the new features.
allbizns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

yup they are so new there isnt much feedback yet. i would guess its very similar to the last one in many ways but the screen is nicer and more featured. the good thing is if there is any bugs software updates can usually fix it and that usually an easy process

2012 Silver Screw Saints Offroad Front Bumper, mid perch, Retrofits 3" FXR w/ Evil Eyes, SW long tube headers, lightning style exhaust, 5 Star Tunes on SCT Livewire TS, Injen CAI, Method DS black w/ machned lip, lots of LED lights, LED tails, Hornblasters kit, WSI springs, RPG PSR w/cooler & filter, etc...
NickPic83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

FRF Gofur

Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

The SCT X4 has a few upgrades over the X3 in functionality and being wifi updating being the biggest improvement. I am not 100% on how the wifi part works just yet, but the X4 will become the go to while SCT phases out the X3. Basically, the X4 is replacing the X3 as an updated version. The difference in cost will be about $20 more per unit than the X3.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Chris@FreedomMotorsports View Post
The SCT X4 has a few upgrades over the X3 in functionality and being wifi updating being the biggest improvement. I am not 100% on how the wifi part works just yet, but the X4 will become the go to while SCT phases out the X3. Basically, the X4 is replacing the X3 as an updated version. The difference in cost will be about $20 more per unit than the X3.
I believe the Wi-Fi feature will eliminate you from having to plug it into your PC to get updates or new tunes via email.

2014 Screw Black: Spray in bed liner, Mid-perch, Front tint, Tailgate assist, DuHa box, Bakflip VP, Weather Tech Digi Fit, 5 Star tune, Stage 2 AFE CAI, JLT oil separator, Tons of Adams, MagnaFlow Cat-back, Custom stainless sill protectors, Daytime running light mod, Craven stubby, 3D custom hitch cover, TraXion Steel Tailgate Ladder, Mirror reflector delete, Pop & Lock tailgate lock, Door detent 3.0 and TS 1.5" wheel spacers!
locktech is offline   Reply With Quote