SCT Tuners, which one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has any one had any experience with the SCT iTCX that works with your Android or iPhone? SCT Performance - iTSX / TSX for Android Wireless Ford Vehicle Programmer  Part Number: 4015

Can I still get tunes the same way that you can with the SCT SF3 or the Livewire TS?

It seems like you can still do everything with the SF3 that the Livewire TS provides it is just harder and likely not plugged in all the time. Is this true?

Has anyone used the SCT SF3 and hooked it up to a mac for recording information?

Just trying to decide which of these is right for me and if the extra cost of the Livewire TS is worth it for what ya get.

:hmmm2:

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The difference between the LiveWire TS and iTSX is with the iTSX you are using your own display whether that be an iPad, Android Tablet, or smartphone. The LiveWire TS has it's own screen and is constantly plugged in (with an included cable) to your OBDII port. The iTSX is always plugged in as well, but it's wireless. Other than wired vs wireless, I'm pretty sure the LiveWire TS and iTSX are the same.

The SF3 and X3 are essentially the same tuners from what I can tell. I think the SF3 comes with 3 "canned" tunes directly from SCT though. I'd just go with the X3 (I've used this one in the past and loved it) since it's cheaper and you'll want to get a semi custom tune from somebody like 5 Star anyways.

Edit: All of SCT's tuners have the ability to datalog in real time if you have the accompanying software.

OP
OP
OrangeAddict

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. I kinda decided to go with the X3. I am a bit worried about the hook up to my Mac laptop tho. I guess I will have to load a VM on it for windows.

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the X3 as well and it worked flawlessly. Contact 5 star for your tunes and the X3 if you want to purchase a new one. I actually bought a used one off of a ford F-150 forum and 5 star emailed me the tunes I wanted. If you buy used however you have to make sure the previous owner unlocked the tuner by returning his truck to the OEM tune otherwise the tuner will be locked and you have to pay extra to get it unlocked from SCT.

Baddkarmaracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the sf3 and it works great I Haven't got around to doing any custom tuning on it yet but with the canned tunes it runs alot better