sct tuner question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting a SCT tuner soon and just had some questions because I'm new at this. When I talk to Mike and tell him I'm getting headers, exhaust, and a CAI, I'm assuming he will give me a custom tuner for those things so the trunk won't need to by dyno'd? Is that how it works pretty much? Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else.

Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting a SCT tuner soon and just had some questions because I'm new at this. When I talk to Mike and tell him I'm getting headers, exhaust, and a CAI, I'm assuming he will give me a custom tuner for those things so the trunk won't need to by dyno'd? Is that how it works pretty much? Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else.

I will answer your inquiry as best as possible, but you should call Mike @ 5 star for more specific answers.

Yes, you will advise Mike of the performance mods you have made to your truck, exhaust, CAI, headers, etc..and yes these will be factored into your tune.

If you purchase a tune from MIke via a SCT tuner, that type of tune is referred to a "canned" tune. As it is probably applied to a number of buyers with similar mods like your truck. A dyno tune is specific to your truck and requires a tuner to make changes while the vehicle is on the dyno.

If you get a tuner from Mike, you do not need a dyno tune of course, but you can certainly get your truck "dynoed" to see the RWHP and Torque numbers.

A good dyno tune is in the $500 range, but you always want to know your tuner. A good tuner is hard to find, a bad tuner will ***** your engine.

Mike will sell you a tuner with several tunes downloaded on it. However, Mike will also "tweak" your tune to your specific requirements if you require.

I bought Mikes tune/SCT when he was having a group buy a few months back. It came with 3 tunes. After a few weeks of use, I went back to Mike and asked if he could "tweak" the shift points for gear changes. I told him what I was looking for and he adjusted my tune for me perfectly.

2 thumbs up for Mike and 5 Star.

Hope this helps a bit CS. :peace:

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with everything that has been said. SCT makes a very high quality product and they are absolute professionals at writing "canned" and "custom" tunes for the raptor. We have been using their products for quite some time and have never had any complaints!