SCT Tuner Issues w/Aftermarket Amp???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with trying to use the SCT X4 tuner - possibly with having an aftermarket stereo amplifier in your truck???

I tried installing my SVC tune today and was getting error code 110D8 after going to 100% on the download. Then said restore to stock which I tried and got the same error. Talked to tech support and they asked about any aftermarket electronics - mentioned the amp and they asked about powering it down. Said to pull the fuse to the radio and try it again. Didn't have time to go through this again so going to try it tomorrow.

Anybody encounter this and if so did pulling the fuse work?

OP
OP
jkscuba

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
an amp should have nothing to do with having a tune

Kind of what I was thinking but they said that with the ignition on the amp would be drawing power and the tuner probably wasn't getting enough...

Sounded pretty crazy but it was the first question they asked - if I had anything aftermarket like a radar detector or battery charger. I didn't think about the amp for little while but then told them and they said that was probably it.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a SCT programmer and aftermarket amp with no issues. Try charging your battery up then tuning it

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jkscuba

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So then is it possible that it could draw a small amount from the battery with the ignition just to the on position? I'm sorry - I'm an electrical idiot (actual pretty much a general idiot) & really appreciate you having responded to this thread. They were acting like any tiny drawdown on the battery could be enough for the tuner to not have enough juice to do its thing. Seems like that would be a pretty tight tolerances there.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

I have a SCT programmer and aftermarket amp with no issues. Try charging your battery up then tuning it

Yeah was thinking about that. 3 month old battery but that's probably the first thing I'll try tomorrow. Appreciate the suggestion.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The OEM battery sucks. Give it a good charge then give it a shot. I've actually tuned the truck while on a battery charger and didn't have an issue either

OP
OP
jkscuba

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah figured I would try it hooked up. Got me a little worried when the error code came up and said to restore to stock. Really freaked me out when the error came up after trying to return to stock! No issues driving after though. Thanks!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry - I'm an electrical idiot (actual pretty much a general idiot) & really appreciate you having responded to this thread.

ummmm..... did you want us to agree with you?

They were acting like any tiny drawdown on the battery could be enough for the tuner to not have enough juice to do its thing.

if they are saying that, then it would never work in your truck. what if you were driving with your lights on, ac on, and windshield wipers? that draws current too. something that small shouldnt affect it

OP
OP
jkscuba

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ummmm..... did you want us to agree with you?

if they are saying that, then it would never work in your truck. what if you were driving with your lights on, ac on, and windshield wipers? that draws current too. something that small shouldnt affect it

Just pointing out that I know very little when it comes to electrical systems and that I appreciated the responses.