SCT Pro Racer Package Tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barge

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else is using the Pro Racer Package from SCT to tune their raptor?

I've got the software and am digging in and excited to play with some transmission tuning especially. These new ECU's are pretty amazing with how much control they have.

I'm planning on logging and noting the changes I make and I'd be happy to share what I come up with.

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the PRP for my Lightning and its pretty easy to use.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS save your last tune before you make revisions. Name them in a way you can track how they were made in sequence so you can go back to your previous one if you don't like the latest version.

Use the graphing functions to be sure up/down shift lines don't cross and such. Its nice to be able to make things just the way you like without having to call your tuner and hope they get it the way you want.

OP
OP
B

Barge

Reaction score
So far I've set up the MAF corrections for my new Injen Evo Intake.

Need a 9-18% increase to compensate for the change from stock.

Still need to do some WOT monitoring for higher loads to make sure my adjustments up there are correct.

I've adjusted all the shift schedules much higher to hold gears longer and also downshift much sooner/easier. 6 to 3 drop is wonderful for passing.

This newer data logging software makes some of this stuff so much easier than it used to be.

Once I get my WOT fueling double checked then I'll start playing with fueling and timing.

Stock the ecu is set to run .85 Lambda at all times WOT. I've already modified this to make it RPM dependent and lowered it to .82 in peak power areas for now.

OP
OP
B

Barge

Reaction score
Hah yep.

The AFE was kinda driving my engineering sensibilities nuts with the silly cover and junk.

OP
OP
B

Barge

Reaction score
Compared to the AFE it's pretty quiet but I'm OK with that. Since it uses the stock resonator at the TB it doesn't have any of the loudness off-idle which is kind of annoying anyway.

I haven't noticed a real performance change from the AFE but wasn't really expecting anything. I'm also currently running -2 global spark until I get my WOT fueling checked so that is a little performance hit. I hope to have time to resolve that this weekend.

I really wanted an intake with a nice sealed box for a good cold air feed and a dry filter.
The 2 designs that came closest to satisfying my desires were the Injen and the S&B. As far as I can tell the nanotech dry filter technology is owned by Donaldson so I'm guessing Injen's filters are manufactured by them. The filter sizes are about the same but the S&B is a throw away paper filter when you go dry.

S&B recently completed some filter testing and forwarded it to me since I had been asking for it. Their similar size filter is about a 30% flow improvement over the stock filter.

I had looked into using the powercore filter add-on to my AFE intake that I already had but after doing some research it is completely the wrong size filter for this engine.

I'd like to install a real, off-road capable, high-flow, low-restriction filter setup but it's going to be darn expensive. The donaldson filter housing I'm looking at is over $350 just for the filter housing and filter. Then I have to figure out how to mount it and get all the intake tubing configured.

So there's my overly long answer hah

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Barge

Reaction score
Here is a picture of it installed in my, currently, very dirty engine bay.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 102