S&B Filters Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is no tune needed for the intake.

Also if you plan on offroading a lot I would get the paper filter as it offers better filtration. The cloth one is more street use only. I have tested both and even S&B will tell you this.

Also this intake does not fit correctly if you install the PSS reservoir as a note. You would have to modify the reservoir to push it down as it sits taller than stock and pushes this intake into the hood.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you have to get a tune to get the truck to run right with the new CAI? I've been looking at getting this exact one as well. Also, not sure if you can tell just by looking but is the only difference between the stock intake the size of the intake tube. Seems like all these CAI's look very similar to stock from 20ft away. just curious if there is actually any benefit

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

FYI you are hijacking this thread. if he posted incorrectly, tell a moderator and have them remove it. you have 3 posts that have nothing to do with the OP

I think you missed the point that he was spamming the forum trying to sell his CAI by skirting the rules. And I did tell a mod. too bad I had to interrupt another one of your endless asking stupid questions posts.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i dont think you NEED a tune after an intake.

EVERYONE should get a dyno tune done on their vehicles by a good tuner though. it will open your truck up so much more than you think. for little to no work.

Chinmasterflex

Reaction score
Also this intake does not fit correctly if you install the PSS reservoir as a note. You would have to modify the reservoir to push it down as it sits taller than stock and pushes this intake into the hood.

Did you shorten your reservoir in order to run this intake? Would simply making a bracket and relocating it be feasible (sort of like jlt)? I have an RPG reservoir and was considering buying this but I'm a lot less motivated to do so if I'm going to need to hassle with fitment.

Last edited:

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will be modifying it over winter. Just need to lower the bracket about 1 inch or so.

On my list of off season work.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Flows slight better than stock and offers a high flow paper filter if you offroad. If your a pavement crawler just do a drop in filter and save money.