RPG Power Steering Resivor leaking out of overflow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

So I have the same problem and called Corey @RPG tonight. He said that their are a couple issues. The main culprit is a restriction in the smaller of the two hoses that go to the resi. He said to remove this, add a cooler (delrale 1320) on amazon. If the problem persists apparently the're are some issues with compatibility with LV fluid from different manufactures. He suggested a complete drain and flush of the system to include removing the fittings on the rack and draining it. A filter can also never hurt.

I recently flushed mine and used AMSOIL, so that ain't it because it still did it. I have the cooler that comes with the ICON PSS kit and it is the same Derale 13200 that Corey speaks of.

http://derale.com/products/fluid-co...utput-curved-blade-electric-puller-fan-detail

With even the cooler it still does it, did it with my RPG one and now the ICON one.

I will try the fuel foam and see how that works.

BTW: The Derale 13211 is the one you want because it includes the mounting brackets.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
BigGriff023

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that exact cooler mounted to mine as well. I also run Royal Purple PS fluid. We definitely know those two won't fix the issue. @RDFTS I'm excited to hear how the foam works out for you.

D

Deleted member 12951

I have that exact cooler mounted to mine as well. I also run Royal Purple PS fluid. We definitely know those two won't fix the issue. @RDFTS I'm excited to hear how the foam works out for you.

I'll get it put in there but it never does it as my daily driver. It only happens when off-roading and that's 45 days away. If you plan on it sooner, you get one and I will be anxious to hear what you have to say.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I recently flushed mine and used AMSOIL, so that ain't it because it still did it. I have the cooler that comes with the ICON PSS kit and it is the same Derale 13200 that Corey speaks of.

Power Steering : 2 Pass 13" Series 7000 Copper/Aluminum Power Steering Kit

With even the cooler it still does it, did it with my RPG one and now the ICON one.

I will try the fuel foam and see how that works.

BTW: The Derale 13211 is the one you want because it includes the mounting brackets.

Did you try and remove the restrictior in the hose? He also said you need to remove the fittings on the rack and drain to flush the system.

D

Deleted member 12951

Did you try and remove the restrictior in the hose? He also said you need to remove the fittings on the rack and drain to flush the system.

What restrictor do you mean? The hose goes from the reservoir straight to the cooler then from the cooler to the OEM hose back to the pump, or am I wrong here? Thought from the pump (high pressure) it goes to the rack then from the rack (low pressure) back to the reservoir. I am not a mechanic like you so I might have this all backwards, so forgive me.

No, I did not flush the system by removing it from the rack. I did it by using the hoses on the reservoir and flushing it through until the new PS fluid came through and then kept going a couple more quarts. I bought a case of AMSOIL ATF and ran through nearly 10 quarts to make sure.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What restrictor do you mean? The hose goes from the reservoir straight to the cooler then from the cooler to the OEM hose back to the pump, or am I wrong here? Thought from the pump (high pressure) it goes to the rack then from the rack (low pressure) back to the reservoir. I am not a mechanic like you so I might have this all backwards, so forgive me.

No, I did not flush the system by removing it from the rack. I did it by using the hoses on the reservoir and flushing it through until the new PS fluid came through and then kept going a couple more quarts. I bought a case of AMSOIL ATF and ran through nearly 10 quarts to make sure.

I have not removed the restrictor in my line yet. I plan on doing it this week. I will post some pictures when I do.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I'll get it put in there but it never does it as my daily driver. It only happens when off-roading and that's 45 days away. If you plan on it sooner, you get one and I will be anxious to hear what you have to say.

Got my foam pad today (no postal charges, HA HA!) and like you said its huuuge! I will cut a piece this weekend and try to hit the dunes ASAP. I can usually produce a little bit of PS fluid out there.

D

Deleted member 12951

Got my foam pad today (no postal charges, HA HA!) and like you said its huuuge! I will cut a piece this weekend and try to hit the dunes ASAP. I can usually produce a little bit of PS fluid out there.

I complained and they ended up refunding me the $10 so I got it for $3.60. HAHA!
Guess the guy did that because he doesn't want any eBay negative feedback....