RPG Power Steering Resivor leaking out of overflow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I would go in on a group buy for some foam pieces or just a link where I can get it?

I can't remember the FRF user who did this or the post. I just remember reading about it. I wonder if a stainless steel scrubber like this would work?

bright-stainless-steel-scrubber.jpg

Don't know how fragile these things are but having one at the top might help control the fluid splashing around.

D

Deleted member 12951

I can't remember the FRF user who did this or the post. I just remember reading about it. I wonder if a stainless steel scrubber like this would work?

bright-stainless-steel-scrubber.jpg

Don't know how fragile these things are but having one at the top might help control the fluid splashing around.

@treypal was the one that I knew was mentioning it but thought it was something that did not attach to the lid but just floated on top of the fluid.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I just used fuel cell foam. Cut a piece that fits in the top quarter or so of the can. It's a tight fit and is wedged up top. Kills the sloshing at the top and helps with foaming and cavitation.

I believe you still need the overflow as it's more of a vent. You could route it higher than the resi so it would only leak in true overflow situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

I just used fuel cell foam. Cut a piece that fits in the top quarter or so of the can. It's a tight fit and is wedged up top. Kills the sloshing at the top and helps with foaming and cavitation.

I believe you still need the overflow as it's more of a vent. You could route it higher than the resi so it would only leak in true overflow situations.

This?

RJS RACING EQUIPMENT GASOLINE FUEL CELL FOAM 30152 | eBay

D

Deleted member 12951

If this is the correct stuff, I'll buy it right away. I can't stand the fact that you spend money on a decant upgrade and now you have to create a solution to a constant overflow leak.

I bought one last night. I confirmed with Trey.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RPG solution

So I have the same problem and called Corey @RPG tonight. He said that their are a couple issues. The main culprit is a restriction in the smaller of the two hoses that go to the resi. He said to remove this, add a cooler (delrale 1320) on amazon. If the problem persists apparently the're are some issues with compatibility with LV fluid from different manufactures. He suggested a complete drain and flush of the system to include removing the fittings on the rack and draining it. A filter can also never hurt.