Roush -vs- Banks CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a Roush set up but forgot about Banks. I like these two kits the best but not sure I like all the advertising on the Banks.

Has anyone ever compared the two side by side? I don't hear a lot about the Banks but I have to think those guys know what they are doing. I've had good results with their diesel stuff.

There is no question Roush knows Raptors but the kit seems very basic. Maybe it will pass at the smog check next year LOL

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh, get the one you like, Roush is awesome, but on a NA truck, you will get limited benefit without a tune, and then not much.

jokerz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cold air is a cold air it's merely preference

Me I would go Roush.

I can sell you a tuner and cold air at an awesome price pm me for pricing.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osprey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cold air is a cold air it's merely preference

Me I would go Roush.

I can sell you a tuner and cold air at an awesome price pm me for pricing.

+1

For the most part I think it comes down to price, looks, and brand loyalty. I'd be willing to bet if you put all the big players in intakes together and did a dyno comparison of each one there probably wouldn't be any astounding differences.

I went with an S&B on my Raptor because, as a company, they've taken care of me in the past (and I like the clear window to view the filter) and I'm all about customer service. However, had I dealt with a guy who was having a bad day and was a bit of an ass I'd have a different brand in my truck right now and would probably be just as happy. Sometimes it's a fine line as to who gets our dollars.

OP
OP
andreb

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I've got the Roush coming so I'll run that for now. A tune is in the works for sure but after I do the exhaust. For now I'll just have to be happy with the added intake roar instead of hp. I would expect to pick up a slight improvement in MPG but maybe that is wishful thinking!?

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I've got the Roush coming so I'll run that for now. A tune is in the works for sure but after I do the exhaust. For now I'll just have to be happy with the added intake roar instead of hp. I would expect to pick up a slight improvement in MPG but maybe that is wishful thinking!?
Are you doing the intake and the exhaust at the same time?

OP
OP
andreb

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you doing the intake and the exhaust at the same time?

Not at the moment. Trying to find a system that exits behind the running board and not the rear wheel. Soon hopefully. I am sure its most beneficial to do them together so as soon as I can find something to my liking.

jokerz

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I gained 1.5 on a 30 mile run same road

This test was done after each mod. Average has not been taken

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I gained 1.5 on a 30 mile run same road

This test was done after each mod. Average has not been taken

I'm so heavy on the pedal there was no improvements in mpg for me at all... with the intake, exhaust, and tune. Smiles per gallon > miles per gallon