Roush...trying to get the facts straight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sombra

Reaction score
I could be going crazy, but the Roush supercharger has my attention. I spoke with a local Ford dealer and they gave me two prices, one with just the supercharger, and another with exhaust, headrests, graphics, etc. Prices didn't seem bad, after seeing what the Roush kits alone sell for (uninstalled). 14 hours labor on the option without exhaust, etc.

The Ford man tells me I will still have full warranty, Roush will cover their supercharger and anything it might cause damage with the engine, and Ford will still cover something wrong with the engine that is not caused by the supercharger. Is this what present Raptor/Roush owners have been told/experienced? Warranty is a big issue for me.

If I go Roush, I'll have rear end wheel hop and need traction bars to control it. True or False?

If I get the Roush side exhaust it will be slightly louder than my factory exhaust. Tor F?

Which package is most popular here on FRF?

90% of Raptor owners who have gone Roush are glad they did it. T or F?

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont have a supercharger but can comment,
1.Wheel hop will be there but can be semi corrected with after market leaf springs
2. Yes the Roush exhaust will be louder, it will drone at about 70, but you can add a resonator to it which a lot of people say makes it better. But overall i couldnt be happier with my roush exhaust it is awesome so deeeeeeeep!
3. Roush vs whipple is purely what ever you want cant, go wrong either way
4. You will definately love being supercharger either way you go!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Whipple is more popular.
Saying that though, the roush will wake up your 6.2 just not as much hp as the whipple.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could be going crazy, but the Roush supercharger has my attention. I spoke with a local Ford dealer and they gave me two prices, one with just the supercharger, and another with exhaust, headrests, graphics, etc. Prices didn't seem bad, after seeing what the Roush kits alone sell for (uninstalled). 14 hours labor on the option without exhaust, etc.

The Ford man tells me I will still have full warranty, Roush will cover their supercharger and anything it might cause damage with the engine, and Ford will still cover something wrong with the engine that is not caused by the supercharger. Is this what present Raptor/Roush owners have been told/experienced? Warranty is a big issue for me.

If I go Roush, I'll have rear end wheel hop and need traction bars to control it. True or False?

If I get the Roush side exhaust it will be slightly louder than my factory exhaust. Tor F?

Which package is most popular here on FRF?

90% of Raptor owners who have gone Roush are glad they did it. T or F?

I have a 2014 Roush that I purchased that way from the dealer with the whole package and I love it. For the wheel hop yes you will have some but only if you drive it like a douch bag(which I do) during normal acceleration it's fine. Yes the exaust will be louder than stock but it's not overbearing(I wish it was louder) yes it is true about the warranty that Roush will cover all their components and some motor and trans parts and Ford covers everything else. I'm not sure about getting one after purchasing but with mine Roush frownes upon changing anything Roush unless you want warranty issues. And yes I am glad I bought it. It's a totally different driving experience. I Like the SC so much better I'm considering putting a Whipple setup on my 2013 so it's as much fun to drive as the Roush. I would say do it you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sombra

sombra

Reaction score
The Whipple is more popular.
Saying that though, the roush will wake up your 6.2 just not as much hp as the whipple.

Yeah but my local Ford dealer works with Roush so if I get one it will definitely be with them.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah but my local Ford dealer works with Roush so if I get one it will definitely be with them.
Yup, good idea. Good luck, make sure you post the build on here, lots of others could gain the info they see from it. Should be kick-ass when finished!

6.2Canadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You couldn't even tell the difference between the two if your throwing it on a stock engine.... And have the warranty in writing and read the fine print, because warranty after the sc is at a price of 1500 bucks or so..

OP
OP
sombra

sombra

Reaction score
You couldn't even tell the difference between the two if your throwing it on a stock engine.... And have the warranty in writing and read the fine print, because warranty after the sc is at a price of 1500 bucks or so..

Ford told me the price includes a 3 year 36k mile warranty from Roush. He said Roush covers any problem the supercharger might create and Ford covers any other problem.

Looking to confirm this with current Roush owners.

And I guess I need to call Roush.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ford told me the price includes a 3 year 36k mile warranty from Roush. He said Roush covers any problem the supercharger might create and Ford covers any other problem.

They may have put it together in your package but normally if you were to order the Phase 2 kit from Roush's website it is $6649.00 + $1899 for the 3 yr/36 warranty.

Here is a link to the site that shows you what's included and what is covered under warranty. 2011-2014 6.2L Ford F-150 Supercharger ROUSH R2300 Phase 2 Kit - 590 HP

We have installed quiet a few of these kits and they are well worth the money. The sound is phenomenal and the power even better! Best way to cure the wheel hop is the leaf springs or traction bars. If you put bars on you have to remove them before going off road.

Call us up sometime if you have any questions, we would be happy to discuss this with you. 732-780-0770

JimIII

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score

This is true. I Purchased an extended warranty to 100k miles through Ford and the dealership told me I can extend the Roush 36k mile warranty later on if I want but I didn't call Roush which I probably should have. If you find out about extending the Roush warranty please let me know because now I'm curious.