Roush serpentine belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a question for you @Rapt Up,
I'm sure you are but just in case.
Are you using a 1/2 drive breaker bar in the 1/2 square on the belt tensioner and pushing it all the way down to loosen up the belt?

I cannot seem to find a serpentine diagram for the Roush, but I don't think the bottom half of the motor pulleys run different from the 6.2L stock or Whippled Raptor.

Whipple also added a adjusting idler pulley which makes using and changing different size belts.
I'll put up a pic of the Whipple diagram, If anybody has a pic of the Roush diagram please put it up

Belt.jpg

Last edited:

Rapt Up

Reaction score
MTF

That looks identical to my set up but its slightly different...(I could be wrong)....just cant put my finger on it...the Alt pulley is way bigger and the pulley to the right looks odd

I have the sticker under my hood...I can take a pic for you so you (and for others) so you can use it to compare

Matt

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The top pulleys are different between Whipple and Roush, Whipple's gear box pulley is on the left of the alternator and the alternator is moved more to the center.
The Roush gear box is dead center and the alternator is not relocated.

If you are referring to the little idler pulley that is in between the belt by the power steering pump, it's not used.
Can't say why it shows a idler pulley there other than maybe the stock HD trucks and HD vans use that pulley location, they also run a 8 rib serpentine system.

Last edited:

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question for you @Rapt Up,
I'm sure you are but just in case.
Are using a 1/2 drive breaker bar in the 1/2 square on the belt tensioner and pushing it all the way down to loosen up the belt?

I cannot seem to find a serpentine diagram for the Roush, but I don't think the bottom half of the motor pulleys run different from the 6.2L stock or Whippled Raptor.

Whipple also added a adjusting idler pulley which makes using and changing different size belts.
I'll put up a pic of the Whipple diagram, If anybody has a pic of the Roush diagram please put it up

View attachment 86412

If anyone still needs it, if you click on my user name I have the Roush belt diagram as my profile pic.

R,
HAP

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just to chime in, Ive had the GATES on now for 5000 miles no issues. I had Roush send the FEAD shield but have not needed it since the belt change.
Ive been offroad with heavy on/off throttle and zero issues.

Shorter belt seems to work

imnewhere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just broke my Roush belt while on vacation. Belt had right around 50k miles on it and I replaced it with the Gates one. No issues yet other and it being an absolute pain to get it installed. If you have a ratcheting 1/2" drive I'm sure it would make it a lot better, the angles for setting the non ratcheting version weren't good for me.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah having a buddy reach in from the driver's front wheel well and holding the tensioner down for you makes life much easier.

Reddog2

Reaction score
Just an update to this, my belt broke so I ordered one from Roush on Friday afternoon, got an E-mail on Monday that states Dayco belts discontinued that belt for Roush, they're working on getting another suppler....but nothing yet. So I ended up getting one from Napa which is a green back HD one.... part#061251HD. Think I seen on here somewhere that it should fit with some TLC.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just an update to this, my belt broke so I ordered one from Roush on Friday afternoon, got an E-mail on Monday that states Dayco belts discontinued that belt for Roush, they're working on getting another suppler....but nothing yet. So I ended up getting one from Napa which is a green back HD one.... part#061251HD. Think I seen on here somewhere that it should fit with some TLC.
Gates rebrands for Napa

The last four numbers are the belt lengths.
The Gates K061247 (124.76 in.) or the K061251 (125.09 in.)
These are the two sizes the Whipple uses and will work on a Roush depending on what pulley size you're using.
You can replace one or two of the idle pulleys to a smaller diameter to accommodate both lengths.

Gates now makes a racing line for the Micro-V belts, K061251RPM
Specifically designed for high-output and forced induction engines.
But expensive!!!

125.1 in.
Fleet Runner Green Back HD

Last edited: