Roush serpentine belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No it's a common belt.

Fits: 6.8L

FORD E-350 2006-2010
FORD F-250 SUPER DUTY 2006-2010
FORD F-350 SUPER DUTY 2006-2010

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was able to find it finally. Have a couple in-stock at the store here in SA.
Thanks

I will give some advise here if your shredding belts.

I am on my third belt Tensioner now! I get about a year and a half out of one.
Usually it will start squeaking with tweety bird sounds and ribs start peeling off.
They have revised the belt tensioner again last year, it now has a better pulley on top of the spring being revised a couple of years ago.
The belt tensioner is cheap and easy to replace.

Last edited:

Rapt Up

Reaction score
Thought I would chime in on this ancient biblical thread as I too, am having the same problem

Its a 2013 Supercharged ROUSH Off Road with 56,000 miles....Ive done about 1500 of those since I purchased it so I have no real history on the truck

Belt keeps jumping off :flipthebird:

Seeing as all the information is a few years old (from what Ive read on posts from this forum) I was wondering if there has been any more advancements on the THUMPER belt tensioner (www.thumpracing.com ....and can some one tell me if there is any more updates on a replacement serpentine belt for a Supercharged 2013 Roush Raptor?

From what I have read on here, is that O'Rieleys stock a belt (Part# K061251 Gates Century Series Micro-V - V-Ribbed Belt)
UPC: 770075355106
Number Of Ribs: 6
Width (In): 0.807 Inch
Outside Circumference (In): 125.660 Inch

Gates Century Series Micro-V K061251 - V-Ribbed Belt | O'Reilly Auto Parts

A factory ROUSH belt is 3200mm long where as the Gates belt is a little smaller however everyone says they fit but need some love

So my question is, has anyone got an update on replacement belts (non ROUSH) and do we have any more reviews on the THUMPER idler as Im thinking of ordering a gates belt today to try it out

Thanks in Advance
Matt

image-2.jpg

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you know what Tune your running, the Roush Tune seems to have harsh shifting.
This causes the belt to jump or shred.
May want to try a different Tune, @JDM has a good Tune for the Roush, from all the feed back on the forum.
SVC and 5 Star have good ones too.

Belts can be found on Amazon for under $30.

As for the Thumper, no updates.

Rapt Up

Reaction score
Do you know what Tune your running, the Roush Tune seems to have harsh shifting.
This causes the belt to jump or shred.
May want to try a different Tune, @JDM has a good Tune for the Roush, from all the feed back on the forum.
SVC and 5 Star have good ones too.

Belts can be found on Amazon for under $30.

As for the Thumper, no updates.

Thanks MTF

I have no idea...Im assuming its a ROUSH tune.

As for other tunes...do you just send off the ECU to these places or do you have to take the truck in as well?

Any idea on what the costs are for this?

Matt

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

I just found another thread that I thought I would share on this thread as my searches brought me to it and figured someone else in years to come might get some information on "The jumping belt" issue :)

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f24/supercharged-guys-38744/index2.html

LINK ^^^^^

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
JDM should chime in today as I mentioned their name.
The programmer and Tune is around $650 +/-
The Fead belt retainer has worked for many.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys could change your idler pulleys to deal with belt length as well. There are bigger and smaller diameter pulleys available.

Rapt Up

Reaction score
Just thought I would give everyone an update on the Gates belt

(Part# K061251 Gates Century Series Micro-V - V-Ribbed Belt)

Put it on a week ago and havent had any problems since however I haven't really got on it to test the theory to its fullest

It is a fraction smaller than the ROUSH supercharger belt but we found it was easier to run the belt over all the V-rib pulleys including the Alternator and undo the idle pulley on the right of the block....we pulled the tension pulley up and then just slid the pulley right back on and threw the bolt back in....took about 3 minutes all up and I had a friend help me pull the tensioner while I slid the pulley under the belt and threw in the bolt

Using the ROUSH belt, I could lift the tension pulley by myself and lift the belt over the Alternator last (as that's easier) but you cant do it that way with the gates belt or your going to have a struggle (even with 2 people) and not to mention the possibility of wrecking the belt trying to slide it over the V-ribs while the belts under tension