Roush serpentine belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The sizes Whipple uses don't come in the Green belt or Gator back, etc. :-(
But it's been a while since researching. Whipple's belt lengths are 124.7" or 125.1"

I found two Gates Green backs, it's actually the HD version. but too short or too long, 122.3" or 126.5"
I would have to change an idle pulley to make up the difference, but doable. Hummmm?
http://www.gates.com/products/autom...y-belt-drive-system/fleet-runner-microv-belts

And to note mine have only shredded when it's cold out.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

So, I found this this this is something new, I have to give Gates a call.

MicroV Aramid Belts | Gates Corporation

Gave them a call, no good on the A series, but the HD (Green back) can be made but you would have to order 500 units. LOL

Gates makes a Blue back for racing but stops at 90" :-(

http://www.gates.com/products/automotive/racing-performance-muscle/racing-performance-microv-belts

Last edited:
OP
OP

6.2Canadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thanks for the input guys. I guess I'll have to get my shifts softened by the sounds of it ... And maybe not drive it like a pissed off teenager haha

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know how many overall miles you have but getting a new OEM belt tensioner differently helped me big time.
The spring must be getting soft over time and heat.
It is something you can do yourself, with the right tools and removing the skid plate.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Yup, I didn't realize my link doesn't work for the Green back. Fixed it. :)

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ha! WHICH?

Well, I answered my own question. Gates lists a single part number for my 2011 6.2L: #S8012.

Last edited:

dfass16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thanks for the input guys. I guess I'll have to get my shifts softened by the sounds of it ... And maybe not drive it like a pissed off teenager haha

Haha yea there you go. You still have the set up that roush has on the blower? If so maybe think about trying at have it re tuned. I talked to Jeff at SVC and got there tune and it has done wounders to the shifting

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

I don't know how many overall miles you have but getting a new OEM belt tensioner differently helped me big time.
It is something you can do yourself, with the right tools and removing the skid plate.

I second that. After getting the new oem tensioner I haven't had one issue with the belt and the truck has been driven pretty hard

OP
OP

6.2Canadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha yea there you go. You still have the set up that roush has on the blower? If so maybe think about trying at have it re tuned. I talked to Jeff at SVC and got there tune and it has done wounders to the shifting

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

I second that. After getting the new oem tensioner I haven't had one issue with the belt and the truck has been driven pretty hard

Honestly I had that roush tune on for about 2 hours ... I initially ordered a JDM tune and a 5 star tune and the JDM still isn't here yet so I will run the 5 star until JDM and maybe check that SVC out .

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup, for non-Supercharged Raptors.

If they only would add on 20" more, I would be good. LOL

KO= category
6= # of ribs
105.4= length in inches
any characters after that= options

Last edited:

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The first one, all green on the back of the belt.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

For my Raptor with the Procharger it is p/n K061195HD and that is the green belt with all green on the back of it. Bummer they don't have a size to fit the other supercharger configurations.