Roush serpentine belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6.2Canadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else gone through the first belt that came with there kit ?? I have only 5000 kms with the kit installed and it started to crack then split 2 ribs off !!...

dfass16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes i went through 2 belts so far...on 2013 the original belt split apart and the second was from the tensioner breaking.

OP
OP

6.2Canadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size is the belt?

Honestly man I ain't to sure it's whatever came with the kit ...
Is there any aftermarket ones that last a bit longer ?

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Ford made a belt tensioner revision 2011-2012.

Don't know what year yours is.

It's a 2011 and the sc was installed just 3-4 months ago..

I knew I should have went with whipple. !!! Haha

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

yes i went through 2 belts so far...on 2013 the original belt split apart and the second was from the tensioner breaking.

Does anyone make a good aftermarket tensioner ??

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Roush and Whipple are good kits.

I've shredded some belts too if I use a smaller SC pulley. But it seems I'm the only one. And I've ask everyone here on the forums.

The belt is way to damn long, too much stretching going on and if you hook up nice and chirp the tires when shifting this creates slop and the belt will slip and wonder.

I tried the Thumper Racing Tensioner, "DON'T DO IT"!!!!

I went through two alternators in less than 500 miles, the spring in the Thumper is to strong and eggs out the back of the alternator.
And Thumper Racing Support SUCKS BIG TIME!!! Complete Denial. Won't refund my money.
I even offered to drive over to NJ, so we can figure out what can be done, they didn't want to hear it. ********!!! Very Arrogant!!!
I have sold it to another member that is NA no problems for NA Raptors.
They said they have sold thousands of them to Supercharged Raptors, when there were only 30 Whippled Raptors on the street and Roush wasn't even in the game yet.

I don't understand why SVT didn't go with a 8 rib belt in the first place, freaking E250 and E350 HD Vans do!!!
Is money that tight that "good enough" is OK.

Last edited:

dfass16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally agree with you MTF! Deffinetly staying away from the thumper tensioner. There needs to be some kinda upgrade for the pulleys. I get a fair amount of slipping.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Member Biggest is working on a 8 rib system.
I haven't heard anything from him yet.
I can see this mod being expensive though.

Whipple has most of the 8 rib pulleys and idlers (same pulleys as the 5.8L GT500) and ATI has a 8 rib harmonic balancer,
but we would need to figure out the Alternator, Power Steering and AC Compressor pulleys.
And maybe pay someone to do a cad drawing to make sure everything lines up.

Sure would nice if Whipple, Roush, Procharger, Ford Racing and Ford SVT, could play nice together and get something going for us.

Last edited:

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have shredded a few with my Procharger and found the Gates Green belts to be the best. Heat is what does them in for sure. This is from starting to slip and when they get hot they really can slip. But that green belt seems to hold up the most. Mine is a different size than yours, so can't help with that part.

I have also researched the 8 rib and found it was being used on some industrial 6.2 applications where they add on a compressor. I don't think the main pulleys would be bad as someone mentioned most likely could get them for a vehicle that already uses the 8 rib belt. The balancer is the big expensive part.