Roush SC lag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I just bought a 2012 with the Roush stage 2 package with 75,000 miles. It had instant boost at first. The other day I heard a pop and now I have lag like running a big single. It doesn't have great power until about 3,000 rpm. Has anyone ever experienced this? I'm guessing the intake manifold gasket pushed out. What do you guys think?

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

I have plenty of experience with turbos and diesels. I've never messed with superchargers before.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
is the bypass valve still vacuum operated? if the line popped off it could cause that or if the bypass valve itself is compromised.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sounds like you just popped a line off somewhere. Check all your lines and clamps.

OP
OP
vanderchevy18

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Air filter definitely needs cleaned, but no that isn't it.

I'll look around for hoses that aren't attached properly.

Does anyone have a good detailed schematic of this system? What stuff is, where it goes, etc. Like an exploded image of the system?

OP
OP
vanderchevy18

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Oh I'm going to clean the filter. That's definitely happening later. I am driving it right now so I'll do it tonight.

Actually no. I have one ordered. The people that had it before me kept it.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh I'm going to clean the filter. That's definitely happening later. I am driving it right now so I'll do it tonight.

Actually no. I have one ordered. The people that had it before me kept it.

Jerkasses. That could be very telling if something is going ***** with your boost (which could also mean bad things for the engine I think!).

What kind of a tune are you running? The Roush one or another? If another, maybe wipe out and re-apply the tune?