Roush CAI on 2012 SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I installed the Roush cold air intake last night after work. I got it from Stage 3 Motorsports for a good price. I decided to go with Roush after talking to the local ford dealer. He said since it was a Roushe (Ford) product that I shouldnt have any problem with the warranty. I am very pleased with this set up. It seems that the throttle response is better and the sound is great!!!! It doesnt get to growling until after 1/4 throttle. When the pedal hits the floor this thing screams. I havent been able to wipe the smirk from my face yet. I will report gains to MPG later. The roush cat back is probably the next mod but, I'm going to do some comparisons at the Texas Raptor run in a few weeks just to make sure.

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 540

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the Roush cold air intake last night after work. I got it from Stage 3 Motorsports for a good price. I decided to go with Roush after talking to the local ford dealer. He said since it was a Roushe (Ford) product that I shouldnt have any problem with the warranty. I am very pleased with this set up. It seems that the throttle response is better and the sound is great!!!! It doesnt get to growling until after 1/4 throttle. When the pedal hits the floor this thing screams. I havent been able to wipe the smirk from my face yet. I will report gains to MPG later. The roush cat back is probably the next mod but, I'm going to do some comparisons at the Texas Raptor run in a few weeks just to make sure.

Get the Roush Cat Back and you won't be able to wipe the smile off of your face, I ran the Roush CAI for a day before my exhaust was installed and loved it but with the Exaust installed it sounds unbelievably awesome!

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is that the factory intake tube, or does the Roush CAI come with its own tube?

How about the snorkel that extends into the inner fender well - stock or Roush?

OP
OP
Mississippi Raptor
Reaction score
Is that the factory intake tube, or does the Roush CAI come with its own tube?

How about the snorkel that extends into the inner fender well - stock or Roush?

The kit comes with its own tube. It is slightly larger in diameter compared to the stock and a slightly different angle to the filter. The only stock component left from the original intake is the bottom portion of the air box. Everything else comes in the kit.

Squid 3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory snorkel isn't bothered by the cai.

Miss, it's the intake inside the fender. the filter is actually in the middle of the system, I think I have that right?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, the snorkel is mounted to the fender side of the factory airbox and draws air into the system from the inner fender well.

The reason I asked is that it is not designed well. It has a lot of squared off/abrupt surfaces that spoil smooth air flow. If the Roush CAI had a redesigned snorkel I'd be interested in getting one, but as it is I've made improvements to the factory design with a Dremel tool.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking at the picture of the unit installed, how exactly is it drawing in Cold Air? The front of the filter housing (box) looks like it's open and draws hot air from under the hood.

Here's the pic:

7328d1332599016-roush-cai-2012-screw-022.jpg