Replacing reservoirs and hoses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordraptorfans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you replaced the factory reservoirs with something little stronger.
I am have done the power steering and replaced most of the hoses with braided and AN fittings.

Looking for options for

Brake Fluid
Water
Oil separator

Ideally I will use all braided hoses and an .. Any pics of suggestions would be awesome

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't seen replacement reservoirs for the other items you mention.

For coolant, some get a new one when they change the OEM cold air intake for an aftermarket one. But IMO they seem cheap and I've seen at least one brake.

What did you replace the PS res with?

What do you mean by oil separator?

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=868026

Last edited:

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you replaced the factory reservoirs with something little stronger.
I am have done the power steering and replaced most of the hoses with braided and AN fittings.

Looking for options for

Brake Fluid
Water
Oil separator

Ideally I will use all braided hoses and an .. Any pics of suggestions would be awesome

what exactly have you replaced on the power steering? full replacement with aftermarket?

OP
OP
F

fordraptorfans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what exactly have you replaced on the power steering? full replacement with aftermarket?

I replaced the reservoir
added external filter
added a external cooler

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

I haven't seen replacement reservoirs for the other items you mention.

For coolant, some get a new one when they change the OEM cold air intake for an aftermarket one. But IMO they seem cheap and I've seen at least one brake.

What did you replace the PS res with?

What do you mean by oil separator?

~~ Raffle of $$500 Gift Card to Raptor Retrofit ~~ - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

I have seen generic repacements for the brake reservoirs but not sure it will work well. I like the metal cnc parts.

I did the Ps with the Power Steering Solution reservoir.
I meant to say add an oil separator sorry. Like the
JLT Oil Separator (2010-14 6.2L F-150 & Raptor, passenger side) [JLTOSP-F1506210] - $119.00 : JLT PERFORMANCE, Home of the JLT TRUE COLD AIR KIT

Is the coolant reservoir the same as a "over flow tank" I see a few generic options if so

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I replaced the reservoir
added external filter
added a external cooler

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

I have seen generic repacements for the brake reservoirs but not sure it will work well. I like the metal cnc parts.

I did the Ps with the Power Steering Solution reservoir.
I meant to say add an oil separator sorry. Like the
JLT Oil Separator (2010-14 6.2L F-150 & Raptor, passenger side) [JLTOSP-F1506210] - $119.00 : JLT PERFORMANCE, Home of the JLT TRUE COLD AIR KIT

Is the coolant reservoir the same as a "over flow tank" I see a few generic options if so

Copy.

Yes, over flow tank is the same as coolant reservoir.

The JLT oil separator is a good upgrade.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No. I don't think that wouldn't work. Our reservoir is an overflow tank that is open to atmospheric pressure.

The tank you have shown there is a surge tank that is pressurised to the rating of the cap on the tank.

I also don't know how you would mount that style in the engine bay.

Lastly, why do you want to change the coolant reservoir and the brake reservoir? Is it for looks or function?

Most Raptor owners who change out their PS fluid reservoir are doing it for increased performance of the system.

I guess I don't see the advantage of changing the other two system reservoirs.

OP
OP
F

fordraptorfans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the parts used in power steering plumbing

Attachments

• IMG_2463.jpg
    IMG_2463.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 120
OP
OP
F

fordraptorfans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to change it to a more secure system. It does not hurt that it will look better too. I do not like the idea of plastic and all the slip on hoses.
I had a power steeting hose come loose and cost me the pump and I was in the middle of no where. Just being overly cautious .

Last edited:

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to change it to a more secure system. It does not help that it will look better too. I do not like the idea of plastic and all the slip on hoses.
I had a power steeting hose come loose and cost me the pump and I was in the middle of no where. Just being overly cautious .

any thought on replacing the pump as well?