Raptor spark plug wire question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WeaponX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was looking for the stock replacements and came across these two part numbers: CC3Z12286D and CC3Z12286C. Does anyone know if there is a difference?

OP
OP
WeaponX

WeaponX

Full Access Member
Reaction score

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like there is a difference between the drivers and passenger side. Not sure, must be length, maybe.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that on FordParts.com when I searched just F150 6.2L LH, RH

But if you use your Vin# there is only one part # for the Raptor

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

But this is a dealers parts store not Fords.
Don't forget independent dealers sell all kinds of parts.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you just search for F150 6.2L you get these three.
I believe it has something to do with those belonging to a Super Duty Truck or Heavy Duty Van.
Ours is the top one.

Spark Plug Wire.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
WeaponX

WeaponX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you need to replace yours? Maintenance? Or an issue?

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

I guess you can call it preventive maintenance. I was changing the plugs and noticed many of the wire boots are hard and brittle.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Yeah I saw that on FordParts.com when I searched just F150 6.2L LH, RH

But if you use your Vin# there is only one part # for the Raptor

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

But this is a dealers parts store not Fords.
Don't forget independent dealers sell all kinds of parts.

I've purchased many parts from them for my cobra. So I know they are legit. They also have a rep on svtperformance who is great.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sorry I'm not making myself clear I guess.
Independent dealers have their own parts category list with their own parts numbers, then they just cross reference.
There are many different software catalogs and inventory programs businesses can use.
I was not implying the don't sell genuine Ford Parts!

And BTW can't the parts guy at this dealer tell you what the difference is?

Last edited:

BAD454SS

Banned
Reaction score
Try looking at Denso from Rock auto . I get spark noise poping through radio on /off . Radio only because of antennea . I ended up buying Full set of Denso wires and 8 ignition coils around $550 with discount , plus all 4 Denso oxygen sensors for $200 ish . All the parts seem to be OEM quality if not better. Going to change everyhing out in November when it cools down, Coming up on 75,000 miles. This is purely preventive maintenance and to cure the spark pop noise (I think its a cracked wire). For the Old coils i got a denso boot kit to rebuild them i will probably save the coils or put them on Ebay. Living in 115 degree heat takes a toll on wires and electrical componants , things tend to dry out and crack.