Raptor R setup for the stock 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am wondering if you can get a kit from Ford SVT to mod our stock 6.2's to Raptor R engine specs.

After losing out to the Lexus LX 570, Mercedes GL 450 and then being shamed by the Jeep RST8.

I need to do something. I have yet to do any engine mods.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Sorry man,
No such kit exists... From what I understand there isn't enough clearance to use the R cam and thats pretty much were the project was left. I know livernois is working on some stuff for the 6.2L, they are definitely the guys to call!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
X2 on Livernois. They have done more internal engine work on the 6.2 than anyone around.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks.

Another question, has anyone purchased and installed the Procharger from Procharger directly, without mods to the exhaust.
Procharger claims I would get 600+ hp without any mods other than what comes with their kit.

Any feedback

Last edited:

dunesdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never tried with a gl450 or an srt8 when my truck was stock..but i did try with several LX570's and my truck was always ahead by a good length...and now with the bolt ons the truck feels much better

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The GL 450 is only a 4.6 L which not even the top of the line there is the GL 500 with 5.5 L
I didn't lose until around 75 mph we where neck and neck then it just keep pulling away from me about two truck lenghts until 99 mph.
He slowed down to find out if I was alright and I had to tell him Ford won't let me go any faster.
It's just a shame that a 335 hp SUV and weighs 160 lbs. more (5,346 lbs.) can do this to a stock Raptor (5,176 lbs.).

What kind of bolt ons did you do Dunesdude?

I have been waiting a year for Whipple to finish their build for Raptor as I want to compair ATI Procharger to the Whipple.

Last edited:

SDHQ GOODGUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Another question, has anyone purchased and installed the Procharger from Procharger directly, without mods to the exhaust.
Procharger claims I would get 600+ hp without any mods other than what comes with their kit.

Any feedback

499 TO THE WHEELS with the kit, I think for the $$$$ you could get those numbers + naturally aspirated, call livernois