Raptor R Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vabuckaroo

Reaction score
Curious the difference between the 411HP motor and the 500HP motor?
I'm thinking about a 6.2l Super Duty. It has 385HP.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raptor R was never made, difference was supposedly a camshaft however it doesn't fit in the motor. Talk to Livernois if you want a serious N/A upgrade.

SWATraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor R was never made, difference was supposedly a camshaft however it doesn't fit in the motor. Talk to Livernois if you want a serious N/A upgrade.

they used to have a racing camshaft and headers listed on fordracing.com which said it gave 35hp but now its not listed there.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There was more going on then a simple cam and headers. The rotating assembly was different from stock 6.2 because of interference between cam and pistons.

-Greg

OP
OP
V

vabuckaroo

Reaction score
After Market

It appears that Summit has CAI's, headers, exhaust, TBI spacer, and programmers for the 6.2. I have also seen a cam for it somewhere on the Ford Racing site.
Has anyone made those mods on their 6.2

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It appears that Summit has CAI's, headers, exhaust, TBI spacer, and programmers for the 6.2. I have also seen a cam for it somewhere on the Ford Racing site.

The Ford Racing cam for the 6.2 will NOT work stock 6.2.. There is interference with the pistons and requires major internal motor work to only gain 30+ hp. Best bet is to have Livernois build a stroker (6.6L)...

*** edit ***
Let me rephrase that best bet is to upgrade the suspension and add roll cage. THEN increase the power.. The stock 6.2 can already overpower the stock suspension and easily take the Raptor to speeds that require a rollcage and harnesses.

-Greg

Last edited:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Ford Racing cam for the 6.2 will NOT work stock 6.2.. There is interference with the pistons and requires major internal motor work to only gain 30+ hp. Best bet is to have Livernois build a stroker (6.6L)...

*** edit ***
Let me rephrase that best bet is to upgrade the suspension and add roll cage. THEN increase the power.. The stock 6.2 can already overpower the stock suspension and easily take the Raptor to speeds that require a rollcage and harnesses.

-Greg

Good advice Greg

Don't waste your money on a throttle body spacer. They are snake oil