Raptor 6.2 Tranny question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question.......

When I start my Raptor up and go to back out of my garage slowly the truck jerks unless you fully let off the brake.
It only does it on first fire up of the day.

Im not too really worried about it. Truck is perfect other than that. I have been meaning to ask for a year so that tells you how worried I am about it.

I am wondering whats causing it and should I get it fixed or leave it.

Thanks in advance guys! I really like this forum! :005:

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I was kinda figured. I didnt think anythign was wrong. My Raptor is awesome and I call it Wild Child! Some of as we wake up gotta break wind....our raptors jump a little.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you let it kick down to a lower rpm before you engage the tranny?

Good habit is to let it warm up for 2 to 3 minutes, just my opinion.

Swagger4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That happens because the transmission fluid is cold and is not up to temp so pressure is higher when cold at lower speeds and causes a hard shift. Technically any car would do this. But I wouldn't worry about, am a BMW Tech at a dealer and I see this complaint a lot. I would only worry about if it's at operating temp or close to, cause then there could be a leaky valve or slipping clutch bleeding off pressure.