Question about 2010 6.2l

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nineonesix

Reaction score
Hi yall,

Iv been lurking for a little while now, but decided to sign up since it still seems pretty active. The svtp site apparently closed it's raptor forum? I dunno....

Anyways I'm on here to ask if anyone knows why the 2010 are being left out of the supercharger category when it comes to being smog legal in california.

I ask because I apparently can't read and bought a roush charger thinking it was carb legal but only for 2011.so now I'm stuck with it... curious to what's the difference between the years? Thanks

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Might be because the 6.2 was an option. Base was the 5.4. Should be carb legal, only thing different is the lack of resonator on factory exhaust

OP
OP
N

nineonesix

Reaction score
That's what I thought, but the eo number specifically states 2011 and above...this is really driving me crazy. I did the whole smog go around with my 04 mach 1 exhaust but I can't swap a supercharger every 2 years as that would be quite costly. I'm super bummed and even beginning to think about trading this truck in for a ecoboost.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It just may be Roush's programming is not applicable with the 2010 truck, but I am unaware if that's so. I know the 2011-2014 Computers are similar in design where as the 2010 is it's own separate platform. The tuning is different so maybe Roush just hasn't had time to develop a tune file yet. We offer tuning for the 2010 and have supercharged a few on our own. I can't provide a Carb sticker but one should be in the Roush installation kit paper work for you to slap on the engine bay somewhere.

OP
OP
N

nineonesix

Reaction score
Well that's the thing I guess is you only get a carb sticker with 2011 and register for their tune. Unless I'm reading all of this wrong. :(

DCSVT1

Reaction score
I contacted Roush sales before purchasing my exhaust and CAI for my 2010 6.2 and was told that since the 2010 model came standard with the 5.4 they simply left out the optional 6.2 in the listings for that year and started the 6.2 in 2011 but the parts are the same. Basically they simplified the listings by sticking with standard engines;
2010 = 5.4
2011-15 = 6.2

Of course exhaust and CAI aren't the same as a SC so I would double check with them first.

Last edited: