GEN 1 The quest for 650 rwhp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorN/Abuild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I was thinking about installing the s675 package from livernois
https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP0104107
I already have the whipple, fuel pump, cams l, and injectors. So all I would need is the studs, heads, and oilgears. Would the stock pistons and rods hold up to that 650 hp? Or should I go with the 6.6 stroker short block which already has the upgraded pistons, rods, and crankshaft and all I would need to get is the heads. The reason I was thinking about the first option is the money I would save by already having the whipple cams fuel pump and injectors I could spend on a upgraded King 2.5 coil overs. I talked with a guy from livernois about the first option and he said the motor would be good for 800 crank hp. My budget is about 15k. What do y’all think?

Shinocu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have whipple with 6.6l fully built motor with 10% overdrive pully im at 641 rwhp. its tuned by livernois. Im sure if i went with another tuner they could get more but i know livernois has it tuned to get as much hp without any possibility of failure im sure.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have whipple with 6.6l fully built motor with 10% overdrive pully im at 641 rwhp. its tuned by livernois. Im sure if i went with another tuner they could get more but i know livernois has it tuned to get as much hp without any possibility of failure im sure.

Are you thinking about upgrading with Whipple's new Gen 2 compressor?

Shinocu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id like to upgrade it, but i probably wont do it for sometime. Just bought some rear shocks and painted the interior. and for the lower i cant remember what it was, i sent the truck to livernois to fix a problem and decided to add it while it was up there as well as the 8- rip belt.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The stock Raptor engine is good up to around 800 crank horsepower and that is even pressing the envelope we recommend a little less to keep it safe and not be on the aggressive edge of the fine line.

If you were to upgrade to the 6.6 stroker with all forged internals that engine is good up to around 1000 crank horsepower. We have had many Whipple supercharged Raptors with that 6.6 Whipple head cams header combinations making 650 RWHP and sometimes a little more.

If you need any more assistance call me
313-561-5500 ext 122
Sincerely Scott