Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]

Power Steering Options

This is a discussion on Power Steering Options within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by SILVER So I bought the Howe power steering kit and had a local shop install it. (TC ...

User Tag List

Like Tree16Likes

Sponsored By: GotExhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2016, 06:59 AM   #51 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by SILVER View Post
So I bought the Howe power steering kit and had a local shop install it. (TC pump, high pressure hoses, reservoir) They had to add spacers to push out my Whipple Supercharger's intercooler so the Howe reservoir would fit. It steers at stop now but its rough to the right and really rough and loud to the left. I called Howe and they said this is normal and that I'm not the first to call about the issue. He said the problem was with the stock rack but it didn't do it with the stock pump. I'm not sure if I would prefer the stock pump which performs good but dies at 30k or this $1200 kit that is choppy and loud but supposedly will last. Not happy Ford didn't put some effort into getting this right in the first place. Especially considering the price of these trucks. Also so far not very happy with the Howe kit. I would buy the Howe rack if it ever comes out though as I am now pretty much committed. Hopefully the rack would fix my problem.
Fuck dude, we get it! You have the same post in seven different threads!
ramx50 and RDFTS like this.

Last edited by TScozz; 08-27-2016 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Found more threads with the same post!
TScozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 12:48 PM   #52 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Sorry I'm new here I didn't realize that would be annoying. Just wanted people who read the different threads to see in case they had the same issue or were considering this kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SILVER is offline   Reply With Quote