Performance mods already on truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackraptor

Reaction score
Bought this truck a week ago and haven't really been able to spend any time with it until this weekend. After exploring the underside I found that a Magnaflo muffler has already been installed on it. Where would someone look for a programmer on the truck? Just wondering if someone maybe already did it for me.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Bought this truck a week ago and haven't really been able to spend any time with it until this weekend. After exploring the underside I found that a Magnaflo muffler has already been installed on it. Where would someone look for a programmer on the truck? Just wondering if someone maybe already did it for me.

the programmer doesn't actually attach as hardware it's just a hand held computer that you plug in to the OBDII port, download your stock tune to the tuner and then upload the aftermarket tune to the truck's software.

looks like this

SCT-CAMARO-3416-2010C-2T.gif

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Does it have an aftermarket cai also? If it's just a muffler, then odds are the previous owner didn't do a tune.

maque

Banned
Reaction score

are you done with this problem? im looking for an aftermarket muffler and i just wanna know if you buy muffler? how much is the cost? sorry for this one. and looking forward on your help. thanks! :birgits_tiredcoffee

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
are you done with this problem? im looking for an aftermarket muffler and i just wanna know if you buy muffler? how much is the cost? sorry for this one. and looking forward on your help. thanks! :birgits_tiredcoffee

I've been looking at MagnaFlow part number 12388. It's a stainless steel flow-through design, about 3 inches shorter than the factory muffler, and has the right inlet and outlet sizes and configurations. It's not a bolt-on - there will be some easy welding to do. I don't see the need to spend upwards of $800 to replace exhaust pipes that are perfectly fine when all you want is a muffler. You can get it at a number of sources for about $100.

Look here: MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles