Pedal Max installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to post about my findings. I got a PedalMax set up from JMS as I'm skirting around the Ford Warranty issues and don't want to tune the truck until its past. I have the Roush CAI and a MBPR cat back on it and thought id give it a try to see what itll do . I ordered it and it arrived quick and of course in true kid fashion it was from front door to garage with my box . It is plug and play and has a couple options to go with . First is plug and play it is preprogrammed and increases throttle response. (2) has a small chip and increases 60% better then stock . (3) install the knob/wire set up and then you can adjust it to your liking. Took about 10 minutes to install and I choose the knob mounted it with double sided tape and went for a ride . I notice immediately that the pedal responds faster from a dead stop , then when cruising the truck feels to get into the gas faster to make a pass or speed up. So I'm happy with it and it doesn't detect on the truck or scanner ( I scanned it first thing after start up ) :biggrin: Just for feed back thinking I choose the dial knob since I tow my boat abd deal with slippery ramps and in loose sand I'm sure youll break traction faster . I have broke loose just on wet roads on the BFG's so I think its better with the knob just my .02 .... Anyway hope this helps someone looking for a little improvement.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the pedalmax just plugs into the throttle cable plug right? Basically just re-scales the pedal input (which tunes effectively do as well and where they gain most of their seat of the pants increases anyway).

I've been contemplating the boost-max for our explorer sport that we've got an extended warranty on, but I've heard over time the factory PCM adjusts for the re-scaling that the JMS piggyback offsets, but haven't heard how true that is. Hard to get good 3rd party reviews of their products.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just wonder if it over rides the limit of full open throttle under 3,500 rpm that Ford put in place.

A Tune does eliminate that.

OP
OP
BeansGT

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the pedalmax just plugs into the throttle cable plug right? Basically just re-scales the pedal input (which tunes effectively do as well and where they gain most of their seat of the pants increases anyway).

I've been contemplating the boost-max for our explorer sport that we've got an extended warranty on, but I've heard over time the factory PCM adjusts for the re-scaling that the JMS piggyback offsets, but haven't heard how true that is. Hard to get good 3rd party reviews of their products.

I can tell you I have a RR Evoque and they beta tested it to fit the boost max and pedal max and I have zero issues , it gains about 5psi on mine and it still feels strong so I'm going to say it doesn't scale back and if it does just disconnect the battery and then reset it all together. simple fix for the improvements. It doesn't throw codes so there is no trace there is no support from aftermarket on the RR Evoque so with the K&N and the JMS parts I'm done with it lol . The Raptor on the other hand will get more once the warranty is up.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

I can tell you I have a RR Evoque and they beta tested it to fit the boost max and pedal max and I have zero issues , it gains about 5psi on mine and it still feels strong so I'm going to say it doesn't scale back and if it does just disconnect the battery and then reset it all together. simple fix for the improvements. It doesn't throw codes so there is no trace there is no support from aftermarket on the RR Evoque so with the K&N and the JMS parts I'm done with it lol . The Raptor on the other hand will get more once the warranty is up.

I just wonder if it over rides the limit of full open throttle under 3,500 rpm that Ford put in place.

A Tune does eliminate that.

I know it gets up and goes a lot better now then before and once the warranty is up ill be going further