Pedal Commander???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't waste my money on a PC. All it does is give you a "sportier" sport mode by making the computer think you've pressed the accelerator pedal further than you've actually pressed it. It doesn't make the car any faster. Mash the pedal to the floor and you'll have the same performance in sport mode, normal mode or with the Pedal Commander.

well there it is , dumbest thing ive read today... i can go on with my day !

rmschaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jabron the PC does two things. It provides multiple slope and intercept changes to throttle response. If you are not technically inclined, the the romper room version is mush pedal further. It also eliminates delay that the ECU implemented to make driving safer for your everyday John or Jane Doe, 300+ HP and 400+ torque gets you into trouble quick if you do not know what you are doing. If you feel its not worth the $$$$ OK. Educate yourself first before you express OPINION about technical engineering you have no knowledge of.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a few months, still liking the pedal commander for throttle response. I did notice that after installing that the idle while in drive is rougher. Has gotten to the point a few times where I thought the truck was going to die at a red light. Has not actually done that though

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a few months, still liking the pedal commander for throttle response. I did notice that after installing that the idle while in drive is rougher. Has gotten to the point a few times where I thought the truck was going to die at a red light. Has not actually done that though

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have not experienced this but it did seem to totally fail open once. I was in a hurry leaving a parking lot and went to hit to gas - got nothing. The engine just stuck sat at idle. Some "check engine" warning flashed on the dash then went away so I'm not sure if it was the truck or the PC. I coasted into the middle of the intersection and stopped there like an idiot. I put it in park, turned the engine off then on again is it went back to normal. Never happened again.

My only complaint is I wish the slope/sensitivity at 0-5% throttle was a little less. It gets jerky sometimes in the city if you aren't careful with your foot. It always surprises my wife so she puts it in Eco (no fun) mode.

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just picked one up on the black Friday deal. 20% off and free std shipping. can't wait to try it out

mmacfn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had something similar happen.

wanted to shoot out of a side street mashed the pedal and nothing happened. Dont kn ow if a light went on or not. I just put it in park then back in D and it worked fine and has not happened since.

I have not experienced this but it did seem to totally fail open once. I was in a hurry leaving a parking lot and went to hit to gas - got nothing. The engine just stuck sat at idle. Some "check engine" warning flashed on the dash then went away so I'm not sure if it was the truck or the PC. I coasted into the middle of the intersection and stopped there like an idiot. I put it in park, turned the engine off then on again is it went back to normal. Never happened again.

My only complaint is I wish the slope/sensitivity at 0-5% throttle was a little less. It gets jerky sometimes in the city if you aren't careful with your foot. It always surprises my wife so she puts it in Eco (no fun) mode.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have trouble with the Velcro stick-on adhering to the mounting surface? This one falls off overnight. Its done it since new. Won't stick to the side of the steering column cover side. Utilized the kit included wipe before attaching the Velcro the first time.

D

Deleted member 12951

Anyone have trouble with the Velcro stick-on adhering to the mounting surface? This one falls off overnight. Its done it since new. Won't stick to the side of the steering column cover side. Utilized the kit included wipe before attaching the Velcro the first time.

Have not and have installed a few for some folks too. Picture of where you have it mounted?

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is mounted on a nice flat surface.

IMG_7590.1.jpg