Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]

Pedal Commander???

This is a discussion on Pedal Commander??? within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by jabroni619 What "more" does it do? Do you have a PC? I turned my off the other ...

User Tag List

Like Tree576Likes

Sponsored By: GotExhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2017, 10:32 AM   #551 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by jabroni619 View Post
What "more" does it do?

Do you have a PC? I turned my off the other day. Felt like I was driving a different vehicle. It really wakes the truck up. I don't feel like mashing the gas every time I leave from a stop. The PC really wakes the truck up, even though it doesn't do anything for HP, totally worth the investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fly5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:51 PM   #552 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Fly5150 View Post
Do you have a PC? I turned my off the other day. Felt like I was driving a different vehicle. It really wakes the truck up. I don't feel like mashing the gas every time I leave from a stop. The PC really wakes the truck up, even though it doesn't do anything for HP, totally worth the investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pressing the gas pedal further also wakes the truck up. The guy said it does more then trick the computer into thinking the throttle is depressed more than it is. I asked what more does it do and you replied with an explanation that sounds like it makes the computer think the throttle is depressed more than it is. So, if it does more than that I'd love to hear about this "more" if it doesn't, then let's not pretend it does something "more" that so far no one can seem to explain.

Listen if you like it that's fine. If you are enjoying getting 40% throttle response by only having to press it 20-30% then great, PC is for you. I'm not doubting it changes how the truck feels, I'm saying I wouldn't spend my money on something that doesn't actually add any performance. It's just my opinion so let's not pretend there's some voodoo trickery in PC that no one can explain and call it what it is. A device that tricks the computer into thinking the throttle is depressed more than it is.
jabroni619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:06 PM   #553 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Pressing the gas pedal further also wakes the truck up. The guy said it does more then trick the computer into thinking the throttle is depressed more than it is. I asked what more does it do and you replied with an explanation that sounds like it makes the computer think the throttle is depressed more than it is. So, if it does more than that I'd love to hear about this "more" if it doesn't, then let's not pretend it does something "more" that so far no one can seem to explain.

Listen if you like it that's fine. If you are enjoying getting 40% throttle response by only having to press it 20-30% then great, PC is for you. I'm not doubting it changes how the truck feels, I'm saying I wouldn't spend my money on something that doesn't actually add any performance. It's just my opinion so let's not pretend there's some voodoo trickery in PC that no one can explain and call it what it is. A device that tricks the computer into thinking the throttle is depressed more than it is.
Don't get one and move on if you need a better justification than what's provided by countless testimonials in this thread.

BTW, you sound like my 5 year old that claims he doesn't like a food that he's never tried.
HORN HIGH ACES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:12 PM   #554 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by HORN HIGH ACES View Post
Don't get one and move on if you need a better justification than what's provided by countless testimonials in this thread.

BTW, you sound like my 5 year old that claims he doesn't like a food that he's never tried.
So we are up to 3 out of 3 people who can't explain what "more" it does. Sounds like you guys really know a lot about this device.

You sound like an Eskimo I can sell ice to
jabroni619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:08 PM   #555 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

So we are up to 3 out of 3 people who can't explain what "more" it does. Sounds like you guys really know a lot about this device.

I didn't attempt to explain what more it does because I don't believe it does anything other than address the #1 performance deficiency on my truck which is throttle response. The same lack of throttle response that wasn't resolved by adding an aftermarket CAI, exhaust, and tuner. And it's adjustable on the fly for different situations which is handy as hell.

Or it could be a conspiracy as you seem to suspect.

HORN HIGH ACES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:59 PM   #556 (permalink)
Bar
FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Fly (drive) by wire systems need to be dumbed down to avoid spinning tires when hitting the throttle. They also get dumbed down to help meet fuel consumption numbers. This, in a nutshell, increases the area under the throttle curve, much like any tune increases the area under a torque curve. Throttle response is enhanced dramatically.
The Mav likes this.
Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:00 PM   #557 (permalink)

Thanks [email protected] for the PC and [email protected] for the Mid Perch Mod work! I recommend both the PC and Mid Perch, as well as working with Rick for the PC order, and if you're on the West Coast (Orange County) SVC for any Raptor work.
VelociRaptorSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:10 PM   #558 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)

Originally Posted by VelociRaptorSVT View Post
Thanks [email protected] for the PC and [email protected] for the Mid Perch Mod work! I recommend both the PC and Mid Perch, as well as working with Rick for the PC order, and if you're on the West Coast (Orange County) SVC for any Raptor work.
Thanks for the shout out, appreciate it!
We still have these on sale if anyone is interested in a deal.

Need to get our 4th of July Performance Sale going as we will be discounting further based on bundles of performance items added to an order.

Rick@FreedomMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:28 PM   #559 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Rick, Thks for getting the PC to me so quick up here in Canada helping me out on the price. Your customer service is outstanding. I installed the PC today. The only problem I have with it is spilling my beer in sport mode +. LOL On the bright side I will probably have new 37 inch tires sooner then I thought with the PC.

Thks again.
chris.v likes this.

Old 07-01-2017, 05:10 PM   #560 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)

Originally Posted by IamCanadian View Post
Rick, Thks for getting the PC to me so quick up here in Canada helping me out on the price. Your customer service is outstanding. I installed the PC today. The only problem I have with it is spilling my beer in sport mode +. LOL On the bright side I will probably have new 37 inch tires sooner then I thought with the PC.

Thks again.
Thank you for the shout out. Glad you got it and my pleasure to get you taken care of!

Rick@FreedomMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote