Pedal Commander???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Otis857 I have both the svc tune and the pedal commander, the tune definitely made the truck quicker and holds gears longer. additionally, it disables the governor effectively making the top speed somewhere between 120 and 125, where as before it was 105 on mine (2014 screw). now some have said the speedo is off by about 5 so for complete accuracy figure 5mph less. some nice features of the tune are you can adjust your tpms sensors so that when you air down it doesnt kick the sensors, and you can adjust the revs per mile so that if you upgrade to bigger tires you can have a more accurate speedo reading. The pedal commander is all about throttle response, once you acquire the feel (foot muscle memory, doesnt take that long) it seems like you think about accelerating and the truck is already responding. I took a road trip to colorado and after 2400 miles in the raptor, I jumped into my 2006 dodge with a 5.7 hemi that i always considered quicker than my raptor and i stepped on the gas and it literally felt like it took forever to respond, like it was bogging down in mud.

It is like one is beer, one is whiskey, they both have a kick but when you put them together, holy shit, that is one potent combination.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Otis857 I have both the svc tune and the pedal commander, the tune definitely made the truck quicker and holds gears longer. additionally, it disables the governor effectively making the top speed somewhere between 120 and 125, where as before it was 105 on mine (2014 screw). now some have said the speedo is off by about 5 so for complete accuracy figure 5mph less. some nice features of the tune are you can adjust your tpms sensors so that when you air down it doesnt kick the sensors, and you can adjust the revs per mile so that if you upgrade to bigger tires you can have a more accurate speedo reading. The pedal commander is all about throttle response, once you acquire the feel (foot muscle memory, doesnt take that long) it seems like you think about accelerating and the truck is already responding. I took a road trip to colorado and after 2400 miles in the raptor, I jumped into my 2006 dodge with a 5.7 hemi that i always considered quicker than my raptor and i stepped on the gas and it literally felt like it took forever to respond, like it was bogging down in mud.

It is like one is beer, one is whiskey, they both have a kick but when you put them together, holy shit, that is one potent combination.

it's all of 125+ I let off because my corner was coming up that's in 1 mile about and I was losing my nerve 120 is moving in this pig lol
5182-img-0042.jpg

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's all of 125+ I let off because my corner was coming up that's in 1 mile about and I was losing my nerve 120 is moving in this pig lol
5182-img-0042.jpg

ya my mph was climbing very slowly and things were starting to shake and i didnt want to break anything. so i let off about 120. "I was losing my nerve 120 is moving in this pig" describes the feeling exactly haha

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
finding the privet road is the hard part hehe I was just trying to figure out what was after the 120 it go's 5mpg increment's to 10mpg increments after. I still had plenty it seemed but by the time I thought about seeing how fast I could get it to go I was out of room. more than likely a good thing lol.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya my mph was climbing very slowly and things were starting to shake and i didnt want to break anything. so i let off about 120. "I was losing my nerve 120 is moving in this pig" describes the feeling exactly haha

Damn, that is hauling ass in a big, semi-aerodynamic truck. And Im sure your tires are speed rated for it, HA. I've had mine to 100 on the highway (people drive fast on the Az interstates), but thats it and mine's stock. Fast enough for me, but I would like to get there quicker with more of that "kick you in the ass" feeling.

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine for a while but just took the time to install over the holiday. Wow! Its really transformed how the truck drives. The pedal to acceleration feels more "real time" with no lag. I've been driving mostly in City -2, I can't imagine what Sport + is like. I installed mine with the velcro to the right of the dimmer switch. I cut a small notch in the corner of the trim panel for the cable exit. Really easy to install, took less than 10 minutes.

Attachments

• IMG_1233.jpg
    IMG_1233.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1235.jpg
    IMG_1235.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 157

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn, that is hauling ass in a big, semi-aerodynamic truck. And Im sure your tires are speed rated for it, HA. I've had mine to 100 on the highway (people drive fast on the Az interstates), but thats it and mine's stock. Fast enough for me, but I would like to get there quicker with more of that "kick you in the ass" feeling.

I don't have emissions so headers CAI tune it's in my signature. I can get to 100 so fast it's nut's. I'd still like this someday but I can't imagine it doing more than taking that one spot of lag out but would be worth it if it does. I could be wrong and more than likely am but the lag I feel is in 2nd gear until the rpm is past 2k the first and second gear shift has always been a weak link IMO my tune can take it out but the PCM relearns it. that is what I'm wondering with this pedal commander will it eventually relearn or can one just unplug and replug?