Pedal Commander???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this was with just headers CAI tune and e-30 don't know how anyone with a charger or that other thing can even put it in 4x4 without blowing them in seconds

Pedal Commander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is Jax checking in from Pedal Commander. Now I can see why Jeff was blowing up my inbox needing more and more of these as time went on, haha.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying it, it is definitely a fun little product. I have one on my Toyota Tundra and my Cadillac CTSV, so I share in the personal enjoyment.

I don't want to take anything away from SVC Offroad, so please continue to order through their site. If anyone has any in depth questions, I'm available!!

Happy New Year!

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this was with just headers CAI tune and e-30 don't know how anyone with a charger or that other thing can even put it in 4x4 without blowing them in seconds

I've wondered that too. Must have to be really light on the throttle in 4x4 and only go in straight lines

rmschaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Jax I have a question for you. The pedal commander seems to change the intercept of the PID for throttle response. Is this an accurate description of it's function. BTW great product, I love it.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is Jax checking in from Pedal Commander. Now I can see why Jeff was blowing up my inbox needing more and more of these as time went on, haha.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying it, it is definitely a fun little product. I have one on my Toyota Tundra and my Cadillac CTSV, so I share in the personal enjoyment.

I don't want to take anything away from SVC Offroad, so please continue to order through their site. If anyone has any in depth questions, I'm available!!

Happy New Year!

I've been loosely following this thread and am getting more interested in the Pedal Commander vs. a Tune. I do have a couple pf questions that I didnt see answered on the website;

1. Does this connect into the ALDL?
2. In Az (Maricopa county) they test emissions by plugging into the ALDL. Do you have to remove or unplug the Pedal Commander before going to the emissions station?
3. How does this compare to a Tune? Maybe @svc can chime in here since they make a raptor specific tune.
4. Finally, does this have a long enough cable to install inside the console? Or is there an option for a long enough cable/cord?

Thanks
Otis

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been loosely following this thread and am getting more interested in the Pedal Commander vs. a Tune. I do have a couple pf questions that I didnt see answered on the website;

1. Does this connect into the ALDL?
2. In Az (Maricopa county) they test emissions by plugging into the ALDL. Do you have to remove or unplug the Pedal Commander before going to the emissions station?
3. How does this compare to a Tune? Maybe @svc can chime in here since they make a raptor specific tune.
4. Finally, does this have a long enough cable to install inside the console? Or is there an option for a long enough cable/cord?

Thanks
Otis

ALDL... I think you mean OBD-II. ALDL was a proprietary port that has long been gone as OBD-II is the industry std.

This plug in between your gas pedal and the connector that plugs into the gas pedal. Remember the truck is drive by wire on the throttle so no linkage cable. This plugs into the connector for the gas pedal and adjusts the throttle response. You can put it in bypass should you want it turned off but will have no effect on testing as they just run a diagnostics on the evap and 02 sensors behind the cats.

The tune is one setting where this allows you to make on the fly changes to the throttle so you can make adjustments quickly based on conditions

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALDL... I think you mean OBD-II. ALDL was a proprietary port that has long been gone as OBD-II is the industry std.

This plug in between your gas pedal and the connector that plugs into the gas pedal. Remember the truck is drive by wire on the throttle so no linkage cable. This plugs into the connector for the gas pedal and adjusts the throttle response. You can put it in bypass should you want it turned off but will have no effect on testing as they just run a diagnostics on the evap and 02 sensors behind the cats.

The tune is one setting where this allows you to make on the fly changes to the throttle so you can make adjustments quickly based on conditions

Thanks Silent Shooter, Youre right about the name of the data port name. In our shop, most of us old farts have just transferred the term to the new OBD II standard as a generic name for the data port.

I knew it changed the parameters of the drive by wire gas pedal, but i didnt know if it did this using the computer through the data link. Thanks for clearing it up. As for Az emissions testing on OBD II, they plug in a tester into the data link to check the whole emissions systems and I've seen people fail for sensors being out of spec enough to set a soft code. They wont even test the vehicle if there's MIL light or a hard code set on OBD II vehicles. Hence my curiosity about whether or not to remove it every 2 years when I have to get it tested. The same question applies to a tune for that matter.

So how long is the wiring on this unit? All the pics I've seen have it located just below the trailer brake controller or on the L. side of the steering column. Im going stealth with my upgrades as much as possible and have my car stereo processor controls mounted there, it would be nice to mount this this controller there too.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure on the cable length(I know you can find pics of the cable it has online but someone here should be able to tell you). But it would not cause you to fail, as far as the trucks ecm goes the Pedal Commander does not even exist, it just thinks its the gas pedal. And Tunes will cause you to fail if they do not keep the Rear o2 sensors in the ready state. And plenty of people change tune and do not drive enough cycles/miles to reset the computer to the ready state required for the emissions test.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts