Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]

Pedal Commander???

This is a discussion on Pedal Commander??? within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Did a search here and found nothing. What is this, who's got one, why do I need this? https://www.pedalcommander.com/...

User Tag List

Like Tree507Likes

Sponsored By: GotExhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2016, 08:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Pedal Commander???
Did a search here and found nothing. What is this, who's got one, why do I need this?

https://www.pedalcommander.com/

2012 Tux Black, Loaded. Previous owner added Spray-in liner, bed cover, LED everything, AFE intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, mid-perch... other stuff I haven't found yet. Thank You whoever you are... I have added 37" Nitto tires, painted speaker grilles, Roush vacuum gauge for hubs.
whoisbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

aka Rick

Mentioned: 374 Post(s)

Guy named posted this on FB

Installed my Pedal Commander.

Stock 2014 SCREW
intake and cat back with resonator delete are the only performance mods. Stock tune.

Sport +, +4 on the street is almost un-drivable. Feathering the gas pedal off a light is almost impossible. It's 0 to WOT in the blink of an eye. It does snap your head back and chirp the tires and nose up. Passengers would be pissed riding in this mode all day. Sport + is a little better but feathering the gas from a dead stop is still touchy every time. Drag racing. Max it out...

I'll stay in sport mode for most my driving. But will reset it back to city for the wife driving it.

I don't get eco mode for some reason. But I could care less, I would never use it anyway.

For stock trucks out there, this is a must. It wakes up that sleepy gas pedal we have.

2014 RR SE SCREW | #792 of #3396 in RR | #4568 of #22409 Total | My Mods: Click Here
2008 Shelby Mustang GT500 Torch Red Convertible | #58 of #463 in Torch Red | #249 of #2070 Total
Raptor Runs: TRR 14'/15'/16' | Raptoberfest 14'/15'/16' | Time Attack 14' | Snoball 15' | AR Run 15' | TRR Baja 16' | Private Baja Jan 17'
RDFTS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I don't like having an aftermarket device in control of the vehicle's throttle. Seems like a really bad idea.
JimIII@JDM and 155mm like this.

Nobody gives a crap where your post was sent from...
EricM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 527 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Sounds like a great idea. Either staging at the red light, or head snapped back hauling ass to the next light a block away. Better make sure the coffee is cooled off. Do they make a 4 point harness for the dog? LOL
BajaTaxi likes this.
2014RubyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by RDFTS View Post
Guy named posted this on FB

Installed my Pedal Commander.

Stock 2014 SCREW
intake and cat back with resonator delete are the only performance mods. Stock tune.

Sport +, +4 on the street is almost un-drivable. Feathering the gas pedal off a light is almost impossible. It's 0 to WOT in the blink of an eye. It does snap your head back and chirp the tires and nose up. Passengers would be pissed riding in this mode all day. Sport + is a little better but feathering the gas from a dead stop is still touchy every time. Drag racing. Max it out...

I'll stay in sport mode for most my driving. But will reset it back to city for the wife driving it.

I don't get eco mode for some reason. But I could care less, I would never use it anyway.

For stock trucks out there, this is a must. It wakes up that sleepy gas pedal we have.
Saw that... That's what piqued my attention.

2012 Tux Black, Loaded. Previous owner added Spray-in liner, bed cover, LED everything, AFE intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, mid-perch... other stuff I haven't found yet. Thank You whoever you are... I have added 37" Nitto tires, painted speaker grilles, Roush vacuum gauge for hubs.
whoisbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

If you search David Wheaton in the the FB group he ran it down in Baja with @EXO, had it installed by @svc. Here's his main post:

"Alright boys and girls, time for me to give an unsolicited review of the Pedal Commander. Yes, I'm a customer of SVC Offroad and they are who let me try it out in Baja, but no monies came my way.
First off, the Pedal Commander is a small electronic device that plugs in between our fly by wire accelerator pedal and the ECU. 100% plug and play, installs in minutes and includes a Velcro'd bracket that attaches to the dash.
Pretty neat so far, but what does it do?
Basically, you now have 25 different throttle maps. You have one for Eco/Valet where the throttle is extremely slow to respond and won't go anywhere near WOT.
Now for the part we care about. The tree main modes are City, Sport, and Sport+. Each of these can be made less sensitive by 4 settings and more sensitive by 4 settings. Hence 24 settings from the City mode -4 to the Sport+ +4.
City is great around town, very responsive while being quite drive able without snapping your passengers head back. Once we go to Offroad Mode, this is where the Pedal Commander truly shines. We all know how sluggish the throttle feels once that Offroad button is pushed. Now it's all magically back in your control.
This past weekend down in Baja, I spent most of my time in Sport mode sharpened to +2. Now I had the throttle response the truck normally has but with all the benefits of he Offroad Mode.
In the whoops, I had throttle response to stay on top without creating more speed. I could modulate through corners and transfer weight to the rear immediately when something would sneak up on us and not once was there a single light on the dash.
Pretty magical little box, all factory locking connectors and everything you need to wake up Offroad Mode. Best $300 you could ever spend on your Rqptor."
Doc Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

aka Rick

Mentioned: 374 Post(s)

This isn't something new, there is also JMS PedalMAX out there that does the same thing. Looks like Pedal Commander has a better control on settings though.

2014 RR SE SCREW | #792 of #3396 in RR | #4568 of #22409 Total | My Mods: Click Here
2008 Shelby Mustang GT500 Torch Red Convertible | #58 of #463 in Torch Red | #249 of #2070 Total
Raptor Runs: TRR 14'/15'/16' | Raptoberfest 14'/15'/16' | Time Attack 14' | Snoball 15' | AR Run 15' | TRR Baja 16' | Private Baja Jan 17'
RDFTS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

svc
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 313 Post(s)

We have these in stock ready to ship. Awesome throttle control, personally I was skeptical at first but after giving a shot the last few monthes I saw it as a valuable purchase. I loaned David mine for a trip and he loved it.

SVCOFFROAD

Monday-Friday 9-5pm
1-888-976-5588

27324 Camino Capistrano Unit 181/227
Laguna Niguel,CA 92677

info@svcoffroad.com

https://www.facebook.com/specialvehicleconcepts
http://instagram.com/officialSVC
https://twitter.com/officialSVC

svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Originally Posted by svc View Post
We have these in stock ready to ship. Awesome throttle control, personally I was skeptical at first but after giving a shot the last few monthes I saw it as a valuable purchase. I loaned David mine for a trip and he loved it.

Can you use this in conjunction with a tuner? I'm running the SCT X4 with 5 Star tunes.
Yuuuup likes this.
HORN HIGH ACES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:08 AM   #10 (permalink)

svc
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 313 Post(s)

Originally Posted by HORN HIGH ACES View Post
Can you use this in conjunction with a tuner? I'm running the SCT X4 with 5 Star tunes.

Absolutely we run them paired with our tunes as well.
Yuuuup likes this.

SVCOFFROAD

Monday-Friday 9-5pm
1-888-976-5588

27324 Camino Capistrano Unit 181/227
Laguna Niguel,CA 92677

info@svcoffroad.com

https://www.facebook.com/specialvehicleconcepts
http://instagram.com/officialSVC
https://twitter.com/officialSVC

svc is offline   Reply With Quote