Passing State Inspection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
YES return to stock. the sensors will read NOT READY if the tune is installed. It really depends on how long you need to drive, the computer just wants to see several different situations. if you know what you're doing you can get it ready in 10 miles, no more than 100.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
YES return to stock. the sensors will read NOT READY if the tune is installed. It really depends on how long you need to drive, the computer just wants to see several different situations. if you know what you're doing you can get it ready in 10 miles, no more than 100.

That's what I'm thinking. Unfortunately we just moved to a city with Smog inspections and I'm thinking about ordering a tune. I just figured everything should work out returning to stock tune 3-4 days before testing.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have to test e-85 cars?

Every state is different but I'm not aware of E-85 cars being exempt from smog testing. We've owned several vehicles able to run it and have never been asked about the fuel we're running. I don't want to hijack the tread but I can't help but wonder how running E-85 would effect a smog test. E85 is a higher octane fuel and more so than needed by most vehicles. So it just seems like it would be inefficient thus causing higher smog levels. That is more of a guess/thought on my part than fact and would be interested in knowing.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That was my thought but it would be less smog because of the less pollutants in ethanol the only thing coming off of burned alcohol is carbon. And plants use carbon to grow so I'm wondering would it work to not run cats if you use the right amount of ethanol to pass the smog or they probably don't care and want it all on no matter what?

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Ok do they plug the sniffer up and see what your putting out for smog first or do they make sure every thing is hooked up first is my question.

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
"rejected" emission test, WTF!?!?!?

Took my 2010 6.2 with 67000mi on it in today for its first emission test and it came back as a "reject" test result. The results say that my catalytic converter EFF, my heated oxygen sensor, and my oxygen sensor are" not ready". What the hell does that mean? Anyone have any ideas. I have a 5star tune? Also I just power washed the engine today. I am just pissed having to deal with this shit! Such a waste of $$$, this state sucks!!!!

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When was the last time u tunes your truck or disconnected the battery? It takes a while for all sensors to "ready" after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk