Our new 5* tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received our 5* tunes today and loaded them in both of our 2014 Raptors. My son and I could not be happier with our choice! Great job 5*!

Over the past week I had several conversations with Jacob at 5*. He is a very nice person to talk with. I also talked with another shop before making my decision. i own a motorcycle dyno shop and have been tuning for 10 years now. I tune 2 wheel bikes, 4 wheelers, side by sides, trikes and carts. Jacob and I had discussed what we both do before proceeding. Since I have very good knowledge of tuning and performance I told Jacob exactly what kind of performance I was looking for and my son and I got exactly what we wanted from 5*.

I told Jacob that I wanted 87,89 and 91 performance tunes. I did not want any harsh shifting but want to get the most performance from each tune. I like the way both our trucks shift stock since we have no lag and smooth shifting. So we decided to get 87 and 89 performance with stock shifting and Jacob recommended we also do 87, 89 and 91 with their enhanced daily street shifting.

Since we had a half tank of 87 in each truck we decided to load 87 tunes in each. I loaded the 87 with stock shifting and my son loaded 87 with the daily street shifting. That way we could easily compare the shifting of both stock and enhanced street. We both immediately noticed that each truck accelerates quicker and smoother than stock tune. My sons truck with 87 performance daily street shifts quickly and so smooth. No hard shifts. Nice difference over my 87 performance with stock shifting. While mine shifts nice, my sons doesn't get into 6th gear as quickly where mine probably should be in 5th and his holds 5th gear at lower speeds on hills where my truck would be in 6th gear lugging along. I'm so impressed with the way my sons truck shifts so quickly and extremely smooth that I'm going to the Daily Street Shifting tune. We will now load 89 performance tunes with the daily street shifting tomorrow as soon as we can get our 87 run out of tank.

Jacob gave me a great package deal for buying both tuners and for what we got nobody could come close for the value. I highly recommend the 5* performance tunes with the Daily Street shifting if you want quick, ultra smooth shifts. Again, with just 87, very noticeable difference over stock. Thanks Jacob!

Will report back after loading the 89 tunes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
installed the 89 Performance Daily Street tune today. A very nice improvement over the 87 P Daily Street. Quicker and more instantaneous acceleration than the 87. Very smooth and quick shifting with this tune also. A real joy to drive. Raptors should run this way from the factory! Will try the 91 in a few days.

Last edited:

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Great to hear!! Y'all need to bring the raptors down here for some embroidery work and a photo shoot!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:mad:
You'll love the 91.:driver:

The boy and I both loaded the 91 tunes yesterday and we sure do love it. Even better than I thought it would be! I've used all three octane tunes now. Will be staying at 91 until I can get a 93 and evaluate.

My son went from the 87 to the 91. He has Nitto trail grapplers and could feel the difference when using stock tune that was added do to weight of tires. He's very happy now because he can no longer tell that he has heavier tires. Truck pulls out much easier from stop and accelerates much stronger. Shifts are still quick and smooth with the 91. All three of the performance tunes are nice. I could be satisfied using any of them!

Last edited:
OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked with Jacob at 5* on Wednesday morning 10/15 and told him I ordered my son an AFE Stage 2 CAI and that it would be delivered the next day (Thursday). Jacob recommended that he send me new tunes for the CAI. He sent me the tunes for the CAI on Wednesday night at 11:02 pm. Unbelievable service! Jacob did not even make me wait until the next day. Installed the AFE CAI on Thursday and loaded the 91 Performance CAI tune with the same Daily Street Shifting that all the other previous tunes had. Another flawless performing tune! The new CAI tune really helps maximize my sons exhaust and CAI mods. Highly recommend this tune for anyone using the AFE Stage 2 CAI. Thanks Jacob for the great service and awesome tunes!

Last edited:
OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loaded our 93 Performance tunes today. My boys for his AFE CAI and mine for stock air box. Just when I thought our 5* tunes could not get better, I was wrong! Outperforms 91. All I can say is WOW! Great cold start, excellent idle, awesome acceleration for a 6000lb truck. Shifting is still as quick and smooth as can be. Flawless performance! Love the way it will hold each gear longer and kick down to lower gear instantaneously. Thanks once again Jacob for such good service and providing first rate tunes.

Last edited: