No Start HELP PLEASE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevmn56

Reaction score
Hello all.....here again on this forum trying to resolve another issue.......we had a Rousch SC, and long tube headers put on our truck (Vegas Company) about 1500 miles ago. This made this a whole different animal WOW........but driving home 2 days ago on I15 after scouting out some turkeys for a hunt.......the truck just dies, stopped running, so i hook the tuner up to get codes....it says there are no codes. In troubleshooting i can hear the fuel pump come on, everything else works fine in side the truck (so i assume the BCM is fine). I read on the forums about the fuse 27 burning up, so i check that, and the fuse is fine, but in checking the rest of the fuses i find fuse 78 Ignition circuit blown. Im real excited and through another fuse in there (this is 9pm after a 500 dollar tow) and as soon as the wife turns the key to the on position i see a tiny white flash, the fuse blows immediately.The truck will turn over just fine but will not even think about starting. I start looking at wiring diagrams, on that #78 circuit there are only the coils, the BCM and the ECU..... so i talk to the installer....says its probably a bad coil.....ehhh shouldn't it just run like crap if a coil is bad.....i figure hes the expert. So i change all 8 coils (800 bucks) yeah im OCD and put another fuse in and the fuse blows as soon as the key is turned to the on position . Oh yeah if anyone is thinking of getting a SC i would get the Whipple. The way the Rousch SC routes its intake its a 3 hr job to even get to the 2 left side coils and Fuel injectors its a bitch. Im 1300 bucks into this repair and there is no end in site...........Can the ECU fail and not throw a code????? and why would it short a circuit???????

Man any help on this would be greatly appreciated Pat

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess you don't want to go to a dealer or it's too far away? Is everything stock on the truck that's electrical except the s/c system? Hope somebody chimes in that can help! Good luck

OP
OP
C

Chevmn56

Reaction score
Dealers scare me my dealings havent been good with them.....its out of warranty so no help there.......yes everything on it electrically is stock......

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's the alternator, can you unplug it, keep isolating that way is what I would do, move the harnesses around, get lots of fuses

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check wire harness
Make sure there's no contact to exhaust. Check harness for damage. There's a thread here about it.

OP
OP
C

Chevmn56

Reaction score
Not sure it would be the alternator.....the engine doesn't even start, when the key is turned to the on position and blows the fuse?? unless there is something shorted in the alternator...........you wouldn't happen to know the name of the thread for harness damage?

OP
OP
C

Chevmn56

Reaction score
Well.....turns out the #8 cylinder wiring for the coil is shorted in the harness looks as though it was pinched/crushed in the SC install.........hope this business stands by there work without a fight.

OP
OP
C

Chevmn56

Reaction score
Well i will be in contact with him Monday the harness will be replaced by Tuesday.......when i contact him to backup his work and pick up the bill...then ill say what a upstanding shop it is or what a ****** up ************* it is......but one way or the other i will let you know......