New? Volant intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Volant 2011-Present Model Ford F-150 Cold Air Intake System - YouTube

Has anyone used this set up? It looks pretty solid but advertising always has a way of doing that. I wonder if it has ever been flowed or tried with a sc? I imagine still too restrictive for the sc but I really think I want to stay with an enclosed air box even if it means giving up a few ponies.

This is probably in the forum someplace but I couldn't find it so apologies if it is one of those things beaten to death

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you guys use the ram air option too? What tune?

Whtrapta and I have the older Volant, that ones designed to be used with 2011 and up because of the remote start sensor. They also added the option for the air ram, it's not available with ours.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its junk if its drawing hot underhood air. If you want a CAI make sure you get one that is enclosed and drawing its air from the inner fender or in front of the core support. Drawing hot from underhood will reduce HP and TQ in city traffic conditions.

OP
OP
Gambler

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This one has an option thatcan be attached that pulls like ram air from behind/under the bumper. It may be a gimmick but looks good in theory, but I do worry about what else gets in there