New Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike.s

Reaction score
Just dropped my truck off yesterday at Addiction Motorsports in Canoga Park, CA. They will be installing my American Racing Headers, Cobra Jet monoblade throttle body, Arizona driveshaft, and oil pump gears. They will also dyno tune the truck. Here is the baseline. 485 hp is about 30 hp more than what I got after my Whipple was first installed. Probably, due to the 3.375 pulley and the JDM tune.

baseline.jpg

2014_09_02_10_46_01.jpg

Skyline

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice, pretty close to where im at, didn't know that place existed

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very nice Mike!
Now that I'm running a SCT Tune I'm on the fence on if and who's Tune I'll try next.
Do have any mods to the stock exhaust, I forget.

And a side note, you didn't mention going to the 3.250 pulley now that your doing headers.

OP
OP
mike.s

mike.s

Reaction score
I have the Corsa catback, with resonator removed and side exit before rear axel. Really love the way this exhaust sounds, and very little drone.

As far as the smaller pulley goes, I was thinking about it. Even though the headers will lower my boost, the larger throttle body would increase the boost. So I'm going to see where I'm at after these mods, and if my boost is low enough, I may try the 3.25 pulley.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I see, always better to be safe than sorry.

I know your not there yet but once you start getting up to 520+ rwhp a fuel pump upgrade or B.A.P. is a good idea.
It's not going to give you more HP but it will keep you safe from fuel starvation at the top of the RPM range,
especially when doing long high speed pulls. I know you know that already, I just wanted to mention that again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mike.s

mike.s

Reaction score
They are going to put it on the dyno tomorrow morning. :hat:

OP
OP
mike.s

mike.s

Reaction score
Update: Got the truck back this evening.

Before: 485 hp, 496 trq
After: 515 hp, 521 trq

So about 30 hp and 25 trq gain. Not as much as I was hoping for, but decent I suppose.

My boost, which was pretty low at 8 psi, has dropped down to below 7 psi.

I'm using the 3.375 pulley. According to Whipple, the stock pulley (3.500) is normally around 9 psi. I'll probably switch to the 3.250 pulley and still have less than 9 psi, and probably gain another 10-15 hp.

The hp and trq gains are noticeable although not a huge difference. The biggest difference is the noise. The truck was already pretty loud, but now it's pretty ridiculous. I'll have to get the go pro out and record it.

Addiction.jpg

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still very nice, thats 200 rwhp over stock and the smaller pulley will also make her snappier from a stop.
And without building the engine your still in the safe area for a stock block.