New Roush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinb491

Reaction score
Well coming from the performance diesel world for the last 15 years I must say this is my most favorite vehicle and I have owned a ton of awesome diesel trucks over the years.

I bought a 2014 Raptor with Roush Phase 2 package with 12k miles on it. Trying to decide if I tune it or not. Or what mods I should do. I have done a few cosmetic things so far and installed the JLT catch can so far. I'm looking for input from any Roush owners that swapped out the throttle body for the Ford 65mm twin and was it worth the $600? Does that mod require any tuning for proper operation? I'm really stuck on the fence for tuners. I have heard a lot of great things from Mustang guys about VMP and JDM.

Thanks for any ideas and input. So far I love the truck and I'm enjoying the site.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome! i would definitely recommend giving the guys at Team JDM a call. I am sure they will make you happy!

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey congrats on the new truck! The Roush package is a great start and has a ton of potential to unlock! We can get you about 50-60 more HP through just the tuning and that's still keeping it safe. We will get you 2+mpg better than the Roush tune, improved shifting and throttle response, as well as raising the 100mph:( speedlimiter! You can add more power through a throttle body, exhaust, better cooling upgrades etc...as well, it's a very modification friendly truck! Call us if you have any questions or want to discuss some of these upgrades! 732-780-0770

JimIII

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, I just got a JDM tune 4-5 weeks ago, much better feel, smarter shift points that allow more power to be put down and good seat of the pants improvement.