New 10 speed on an 1st gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bregsraptor

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of someone trying to put the new 10 speed transmission in an older Ford or a raptor.

How much programing would it take if possible

I think that would be the best thing to help with the fight against the new ones without having to get one. V8 sound all day no puke V6 sound

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bregsraptor

Reaction score
Why do you feel like you have to "fight the new ones?" Each generation has its + and -.
Because the new ones are definitely faster and a lot to do with it is the 10 speed. I just think if we could get a 10 speed in a old raptor we could give it a run for it's money

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know for sure but I think the hesitation would be similar to why there aren't any engine swaps. We don't know just how integrated the engine and trans functions are so nobody messes with it so they don't lose the 'Raptor' electronic goodies.

edit: If someone could tell me for certain that I could do an engine swap and still have all the ORM, etc, I dump the 6.2 in favor of a larger displacement LS in a second.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as funny as i find the question and reason i will refrain from ***** and point out a few things.
it would take alot more the the 10 speed to balance the performance. gen 2 is lighter by 600-1000 lbs. instead of thinking the tranny is an issue, just boost your gen 1. super charge it. do some weight reduction. add a cage. long travel. and step into trophy truck territory.

hate to say this or type it but i am to old to try to prove shit about a ride anymore.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
as funny as i find the question and reason i will refrain from ***** and point out a few things.
it would take alot more the the 10 speed to balance the performance. gen 2 is lighter by 600-1000 lbs. instead of thinking the tranny is an issue, just boost your gen 1. super charge it. do some weight reduction. add a cage. long travel. and step into trophy truck territory.

hate to say this or type it but i am to old to try to prove shit about a ride anymore.

I don't disagree with the sentiment of your post but they are only 500lbs apart.

The all-new 2017 F-150 RAPTOR. Use of advanced materials help it weigh in up to 500 lbs. lighter than its predecessor.

http://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?bodystyle=Truck&make=Ford&model=F-150&year=2017

Page 10