Need some feedback from Roush S/C owners.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

One Black SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do this upgrade for a year but just never seemed to have the extra 10k lying around. So now that Ive found the bananas, I'm asking you guys for a little advise. I've read every post I can find and have decided that the phase 2 Roush s/c is the one for me.

image-2988521015.jpg

image-1191806650.jpg

Here's my questions:

Are there better deals to be had than buying this kit directly from Roush Performance?

In this kit, it mentions; High efficiency intercooler system featuring dual-core low temp radiator, degas bottle, high capacity air-to-water intercooler and formed hoses with abrasion-resistant sleeves. Is this saying that it includes this:

image-3768298485.jpg

....and what about the ltr.

image-4205053095.jpg

Has anyone added this? If so, is there a noticeable drop in temp? I'm not a hammer-down driver. I'm pretty easy on the ole' girl and she's just a street queen that lives only on the blacktop. Not needing or wanting the high end high rev power. Just looking for the added low to midrange power. I live in the southeast (Tennessee), not too hot in the summer and not too cold in the winter.

Guess I'm going to have the local ford dealership do the install as I'm not as capable as others. Will anyone share the cost that they were charged?

As always, I appreciate this Forum and look forward to hearing from the Roush s/c guys.

-Rick

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't help with the better deal question since I bought mine from the dealership with it already installed but I can tell you that is is fun to drive. I know you say that you don't get on your truck too hard but that may change with the Roush setup. The difference is night and day especially when it's combined with an exaust and tuner from the stock setup. One thing I would recommend is to upgrade your rear springs. I'm getting ready to do that myself since the wheel hop with the extra power is horrible. Good luck and let me know how you like it once you get to have some fun with it.

D

Deleted member 12951

Upgraded drive shaft typically isn't a bad idea too. Like always, one mod upgrade always tends to lead to another and another and another....

For your questions, call Roush directly. Better to get the answers from the horse's mouth than rely on responses from the Internet, just sayin'

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You really need to consider the JDM package. I'm just waiting on mine to ship. I got the drive shaft and Deaver +2's.

Just my opinion.

HAP

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the drive shaft isnt needed IF you upgrade the rear suspension to kill axle wrap. That axle hope is what breaks things quickly! install is fairly strait forward and should run about 1k for the install labor. The Roush Tune is very conservative in nature but still a blast to drive and with the roush exhaust it sounds wicked!

D

Deleted member 12951

Even with upgraded rear, 3.0's, Wsi leafs and bump stop, I still get wheel hop bad and I just have a stock engine with svc tune. But then again my rear is not as nice as @jlatigo's

OP
OP
One Black SVT

One Black SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't help with the better deal question since I bought mine from the dealership with it already installed but I can tell you that is is fun to drive. I know you say that you don't get on your truck too hard but that may change with the Roush setup. The difference is night and day especially when it's combined with an exaust and tuner from the stock setup. One thing I would recommend is to upgrade your rear springs. I'm getting ready to do that myself since the wheel hop with the extra power is horrible. Good luck and let me know how you like it once you get to have some fun with it.

cbc .... I do remember reading in the previous threads some static with the wheel hop but never heard from someone who found the cure. i might ask JDM which ones they would recommend.... as far as the exhaust goes, the upgraded set from Roush appears to be rear bumper exit only..... I'm a huge fan of the side / stock factory placement .... I'm not against a better sound, (who would be against that), but I'm not sold on getting better sound by moving the mufflers to the rear. but I will ask around about the rear springs.... thanks for the info !

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Upgraded drive shaft typically isn't a bad idea too. Like always, one mod upgrade always tends to lead to another and another and another.... For your questions, call Roush directly. Better to get the answers from the horse's mouth than rely on responses from the Internet, just sayin'

RDFTS.... yep. the ongoing upgrade list is getting expensive, but the driveshaft upgrade seems like a solid "must-do".... thanks !

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

the drive shaft isnt needed IF you upgrade the rear suspension to kill axle wrap. That axle hope is what breaks things quickly! install is fairly strait forward and should run about 1k for the install labor. The Roush Tune is very conservative in nature but still a blast to drive and with the roush exhaust it sounds wicked!

Thanks jlatigo.... I was thinking that the labor would be between 1,000 - 2,000 ..... going to call roush performance and maybe JDM Monday and pick their brains about their recommended fixes for : rear end hop and driveshaft upgrades.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
cbc .... I do remember reading in the previous threads some static with the wheel hop but never heard from someone who found the cure. i might ask JDM which ones they would recommend.... as far as the exhaust goes, the upgraded set from Roush appears to be rear bumper exit only..... I'm a huge fan of the side / stock factory placement .... I'm not against a better sound, (who would be against that), but I'm not sold on getting better sound by moving the mufflers to the rear. but I will ask around about the rear springs.... thanks for the info !

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------[/]

Ya I'm not a big fan of the exaust out of the back either. I'm actually considering changing it out for a Stainless Works lightning style exit. I have their setup on my 2013 and really like it. Not sure yet since Roush is a little strict with their waranty and don't want any of their stuff changed on the truck without approval.

OP
OP
One Black SVT

One Black SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stanghi mentioned to me that there is now a passenger side dual tip exhaust option in addition to the rear

I'm definitely interested in finding out more..... see if u can find out if the exhaust is Roush or someone else's ..... I'm not a huge fan of "the-neighbors-now-hate-me" loud.... but like most, a throaty low rumble (more than stock) noise is where I would like to be.