Need help figuring out tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirkdiggler79

Reaction score
I bought my raptor used with only 19k on it. Had a cold air intake and a cat back borla. So after reading threads about tunes and programers I need to know if I can find out if and what my raptor has. Here is why I think it has something one it holds gears longer than the other 2 I test drove,. I noticed that the day I bought it. And now after driving it for a while have noticed it doesn't shift into 6th until right at 50, doesn't matter if your on the gas or let off and are coasting down a hill. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my raptor used with only 19k on it. Had a cold air intake and a cat back borla. So after reading threads about tunes and programers I need to know if I can find out if and what my raptor has. Here is why I think it has something one it holds gears longer than the other 2 I test drove,. I noticed that the day I bought it. And now after driving it for a while have noticed it doesn't shift into 6th until right at 50, doesn't matter if your on the gas or let off and are coasting down a hill. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

Try SVC, I had Jeff customize my tune to hold 1st gear until 3k rpm and not shift into 6th gear until 60 mph.

OP
OP
Dirkdiggler79

Dirkdiggler79

Reaction score
I hope not too, if your truck is tuned what plans do you have to return to stock if needed? I would try to find out from the previous owner . Otherwise the dealer would need to reflash the truck. Not something I would enjoy.
No the previous owner didn't leave the tuner. The dealership did contact the customer, because he had to bring the keys for the retrax bed cover, but he didn't bring the programer. I did ask the dealer to ask him.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

A couple reasons I was curious about the tune, fuel octane and the shifting of the transmission.