Moroso Oil Separator - Large Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C5aig

Reaction score
I've searched around and found the small body in silver (P/N 85606) and black (P/N 85607) but I've only found one part number for the large body (P/N 85492) which I have only found in silver even though it states it is available in anodized black. I tried 85493 to see if their numbering convention was standard and that's for a camaro

Anyone found the Moroso Oil Separator large body in black?

OP
OP
C5aig

C5aig

Reaction score
Just call them, their customer service is outstanding.

Wow, you weren't kidding.

I called and legit got a person on the phone without having to hit ANY buttons to even choose a department.

The lady that answered the phone transferred me to one more person who answered the question without hesitation.

Long story short; Moroso doesn't make a black version of the large body canisters, only the small.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used Rust-Oleum Epoxy to paint the bracket, you can paint the whole thing if you want.
There is a whole thread about catch cans and what others did.

IMG_20131014_104423_998.jpg

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IMG_20131005_143509_912.jpg

Picture is deceiving, it's really not that big in my opinion.
And I was concerned I would get a lot, being Supercharged.
But I just filled up a 8 oz. glass last month.
I've been using it for 2 years now and have been saving everything I collected.

I hardly get anything in the summer it's the winters that gets this funky milky crap.

This is last summer it's now full, but it's to cold in the garage to go take a new picture. LOL
IMG_20150408_242303_803.jpg

I am going to put one small black Moroso one on the drivers side, I started noticing some oil film inside around the inlet hose in the intake tube.

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got the big one, and size is not a factor when it comes to installation or use. The thing just works. I'm completely happy with it and wish I'd installed it much sooner.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The first mod I did was a JLT oil separator, bought it while I was waiting for my truck to be built. I installed it as soon as I got home from the dealership in Louisburg Kansas with 385 miles on the Raptor. I changed to the Moroso oil separator last summer thanks to @SandmaN when my Raptor had almost 22K miles. My initial impression is that the Moroso catches more oil than the JLT, I measure the oil collected and track my mileage so I'll know for sure in a couple months. I like having the mounting bracket and the location where the Moroso mounts as it is easier for me to reach. Even with the larger size of the Moroso I can't go a full oil change interval without having to empty the can so I may opt for the larger Moroso in the future. At 4k miles the thing was brim full and the goal is to be able to go 5k miles without having to empty it.

socal2ks

Reaction score
I have noticed in the winter time it needs to be emptied sooner than every oil change (5k). This is with remote start warmups about 5-10minutes and what comes out looks nasty. I would like to go with the bigger can, and maybe come up with a level indicator.