Moroso Air/Oil Separator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the fittings on the other side of the hose that goes to the motor

That would be the fittings that came off the stock hoses.
I used a heat gun to remove the fittings from the stock hose then reused them on the Russell (Blue) hose.

Actually, the stock fittings were a miserable pain in the ass to fit onto the Russell hose.
So I machined coupler fittings on a lathe and press fit them on to the Russell hose and then used fuel hose to couple the other end to the stock fittings.
Secured them with hose clamps.

Attachments

• IMG_2269.jpg
    IMG_2269.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 137
OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View the pic and you will see a coupler that connects the Russell hose to the fuel line and then the stock fitting.

Attachments

• Russel Hose with Coupler.jpg
    Russel Hose with Coupler.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 152

fordraptorfans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any problems installing mine...

PICT0085_zpsfoerbo4d.jpg

oh that is pretty. Are the gold fittings the one that come stock? I want to swap out to AN fittings and braided hoses

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

View the pic and you will see a coupler that connects the Russell hose to the fuel line and then the stock fitting.

this is excellent. Is there a way to buy these couplers ?

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
oh that is pretty. Are the gold fittings the one that come stock? I want to swap out to AN fittings and braided hoses

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

this is excellent. Is there a way to buy these couplers ?

Those are brass fittings that came stock with my unit. I like them better than the plastic connectors I have seen on the other products...

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any problems installing mine...

The fittings slide onto the hose supplied in the kit much easier than the Russell Hose that I used.

Actually, the fuel line that you have used from the kit is only rated at 35 psi.
For this reason I installed the Russell hose, which is rated at 250 psi.

fordraptorfans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fittings slide onto the hose supplied in the kit much easier than the Russell Hose that I used.

Actually, the fuel line that you have used from the kit is only rated at 35 psi.
For this reason I installed the Russell hose, which is rated at 250 psi.

I like your set up and would like to do braided hoses. How can I get the fitting on them?

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your set up and would like to do braided hoses. How can I get the fitting on them?

You can heat the hose to make it softer. Just don't cook it.
Then twist the fittings on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know where I can get those fittings and would it work with the braided hoses ? They dont appears to be "slip on"

A google search will provide many vendors to choose and select fittings from.
In my first post of this thread I provided a phone # to the shop were I purchased the XRP fittings. The shop is TMR in Orange, California, 714-771-1348
TMR are the professionals. They will provide all the answers to your fitment questions on the braided hose.

Last edited: