More BOOST!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is how we would recommend modifying that Raptor from where it is currently to gain more safe power VS where it is limited by the TVS.

Livernois Motorsports Windstorm CAI
Livernois Motorsports Race Series CNC ported heads
Livernois Motorsports Powerstorm Billet Oil Pump Gears
Whipple 2.9L Supercharger
Stainless steel long tube headers
Livernois Motorsports Thunderstorm Cat-Back
Livernois Motorsports Firestorm Upgraded fuel pump
Livernois Motorsports EvenFlo thermostat

This will make just short of 600 wheel, and be just as reliable as stock.

This isn't an argument, just a question, and possibly an ignorant one.
If you are running the same boost pressure, why would this setup be safe and more power, while the Roush wouldn't be safe and would be limited?

First supercharger experience for me, so go easy. Really I'm more interested in the safety limits versus maxing out the system, but living at altitude I have to upgrade more to get the same as you sea-levelers.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This isn't an argument, just a question, and possibly an ignorant one.
If you are running the same boost pressure, why would this setup be safe and more power, while the Roush wouldn't be safe and would be limited?

First supercharger experience for me, so go easy. Really I'm more interested in the safety limits versus maxing out the system, but living at altitude I have to upgrade more to get the same as you sea-levelers.

No ignorant questions are allowed. All questions are full of information.

The more air you can move the more efficient the engine is and you can make more power with less boost. Also the Whipple is a larger more efficient supercharger compared to the TVS2300. There comes a point when you spin the blower to hard and now all that does is create heat.

We have done a ton of Raptor builds feel free to p.m. me and I can answer any questions you have or even call me at EXT 122

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No ignorant questions are allowed. All questions are full of information.

The more air you can move the more efficient the engine is and you can make more power with less boost. Also the Whipple is a larger more efficient supercharger compared to the TVS2300. There comes a point when you spin the blower to hard and now all that does is create heat.

We have done a ton of Raptor builds feel free to p.m. me and I can answer any questions you have or even call me at EXT 122

That makes sense, but I thought that the Roush supercharger could actually go far higher boost-wise than we run it with the Raptor? Maybe I'm wrong there.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That makes sense, but I thought that the Roush supercharger could actually go far higher boost-wise than we run it with the Raptor? Maybe I'm wrong there.

Blowers not only work off pressure they also work off volume. If you have a smaller blower and crank it up to 40 lbs of boost it makes only pressure as it has no volume. You can have a larger blower that runs low boost with a large volume of air it will be more efficient and make more power.

You have to also take into consideration Engine Size,Cylinder head configuration,Camshaft design. Meaning if you have a 2.0 4 cylinder you will not run a 4.5 liter blower and vice versa if you have a 632 cubic inch engine you would not run a 1.3 liter blower.

I hope this helps to shed some light for you.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Blowers not only work off pressure they also work off volume. If you have a smaller blower and crank it up to 40 lbs of boost it makes only pressure as it has no volume. You can have a larger blower that runs low boost with a large volume of air it will be more efficient and make more power.

You have to also take into consideration Engine Size,Cylinder head configuration,Camshaft design. Meaning if you have a 2.0 4 cylinder you will not run a 4.5 liter blower and vice versa if you have a 632 cubic inch engine you would not run a 1.3 liter blower.

It does make sense and I do understand that. I just though we weren't really at limits like that yet. I appreciate the insight. I need to find a shop in Denver that knows their stuff.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If you weren't worried about oil gears and such - just the blower, what would you say is the max reliable boost you could get out of the Roush with the 6.2 motor? What about the Whipple?

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the Roush set up 8-10 lbs of boost is probably maxing out that blower. We have spun the 2.9 Whipple 15-16 lbs of boost on certain set ups.