modifying the Airaid intake tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has modified the airaid intake tube like they do at JDM Engineering,i guess it opens up the tube right before the MAF from something like 70mm to 100mm.it sounds good, i mean the more air the engine gets and reads the better right?.it says it requires a tune,which i would expect.I was wondering if anyone has done this or has any ideas on the performance gains this might do or if it is just a gimmick.Anyone have any dynos with this setup,JDM claims like 12 more hp and tq,but i dont usually buy it unless someone has an independent dyno done to prove it.Havent found much with the search button so i guess its not to popular,but was curious.thanks for any ideas or info.

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking to Jim jr recently he suggested not to modify it any more. It said it sometimes causes a high idle. I believe the manufacturer asked them to disconti the practice as well

Just wondering if anyone has modified the airaid intake tube like they do at JDM Engineering,i guess it opens up the tube right before the MAF from something like 70mm to 100mm.it sounds good, i mean the more air the engine gets and reads the better right?.it says it requires a tune,which i would expect.I was wondering if anyone has done this or has any ideas on the performance gains this might do or if it is just a gimmick.Anyone have any dynos with this setup,JDM claims like 12 more hp and tq,but i dont usually buy it unless someone has an independent dyno done to prove it.Havent found much with the search button so i guess its not to popular,but was curious.thanks for any ideas or info.