MBRP or Borla?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stringert1

Reaction score
Ive been looking into the MBRP turndown for my 12 raptor. But i am not sure because i really like the Borla products. What sounds meaner, Louder and more aggressive? The MBRP Turndown, the borla type S or the borla ATAK? tight on $$$$$ and i know Borla isnt cheap.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few things to consider based on my exp. with the Ford Racing Touring order (Borla makes the FRPP product):

1. Borla is a true bolt on. Take off the stock and put it back on anytime easy enough.
1a. I don't know if this is true of any other system or not.

2. If you have a SCAB borla is meant to fit this and looks like a nice system
2a. If you have a screw my experience was not so good. You need an extra midpipe that was not in the box for my SCREW orderand when it came it has a hanger/bracket on there but so does the original kit......so one is not used and you either have to cut it off or accept it being there - I would not for the $ so I refused to take the product....I may have gotten a crap package but this was my experience.

3. I saw an MBRP single black side exit on a 12 at the kroger last week. It was a silver Screw and the thing looked great. I waited but never saw the owner so i did not hear it. I understand the turn down is louder but don't know

4. The no Drone (droan?) qustin is big for me. I want the truck to sound good outside but not be irritating inside. I have heard both good and bad regarding the Borla loud systems for this. For the $ they charge there should not be any droan.

My feeling is skip Borla but I am still bitter about my experience so take it with a grain of salt.