manual valve body?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yufengluo

Reaction score
Has anyone ever done this to a raptor before? I'm very interested in doing it but I can't find much info even about the raptor trans itself. Do you guys think there would be any complications with the ECU? Thanks.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
I'm sure it has to be possible. I can't recall if anyone's done it here though. I'm sure there's some issues with the ECU, but probably nothing that can't be fiqured out with a good tuner.

I've been considering the same thing myself actually, I would like to convert to a manual trans and throttle body.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If completely swapping the transmission there are some computer complications. SDHQ was attempting that awhile back. Think it's still in the works for the future sometime but on hold at the moment. Can't speak on just swapping the valve bodies.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
From what I know, manual valve bodies are done on transmissions like the TH400, etc. - no computer control and it is all done through the valve body. The valve body on our trucks is actually much simpler as is controlled by several computer controlled solenoids. The only way I see to do a "manual valve body" is with programming.

Why would you want to do this? I have never seen it done with anything other than a three speed auto.