Loose green wire hmmmm???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was washing the undercarriage of my truck when I stumbled upon this green wire that's right above, which I believe is the trams plate. Looks like it plugs into a module of some sort. Maybe the abs module? Can someone let me know what this is? There is no codes or anything showing on the odometer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 96
OP
OP
SVTLOPEZ

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another view. It's connected on the other side and I can't see where the loose end goes since everything is plugged in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 96

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's another view. It's connected on the other side and I can't see where the loose end goes since everything is plugged in.

Just my $.02:

That looks like a lot bigger wire than the ones around it. Did you trace it to see where it goes? It could possibly be an accessory wire for something the last guy had installed......

Maybe get a test light and see if it has power going to it and when it is hot (key on/off, lights on/off, up fitter switches turned on/off)

Just a few things to check before going to the dealership with it......

OP
OP
SVTLOPEZ

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my $.02:

That looks like a lot bigger wire than the ones around it. Did you trace it to see where it goes? It could possibly be an accessory wire for something the last guy had installed......

Maybe get a test light and see if it has power going to it and when it is hot (key on/off, lights on/off, up fitter switches turned on/off)

Just a few things to check before going to the dealership with it......

It's actually connected to that harness. I believe that wire goes into that port because I have a few friends who have sent me pictures and has that wore going into the transfer case. They'll have to pull apart the case and connect it

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It connects to the transfer case, where the rear drive shaft enters. I marked the area on your pic:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 185

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would tape up the wire well until you figure out exactly what the wire is for (synchronization clutch?), and whether or not you need to reconnect it. You most likely will need to disassemble the transfer case to repair this.

Here's a better pic:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 80
Last edited: