Looking to buy used raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reasoning ? Did you have a gen 1 before?

Had a gen 1 before, lost faith in the build quality and fit up of the gen 2 trucks. Im going back to a slow reliable gen 1 and wait till 2021 for Ford to come out with gen 3 raptor.

I have looked at 3 2018 Lead foot Grey 18 raptors and every one of them had shotty build quality. Tons of interior scratches, things not snapped together correctly, paint imperfections, and the lead foot paint scratches really easy.

As much as I love the look and performance of a Gen 2 I have no faith that this truck will hold up in the long run. Ford Quality has went down hill. Sad...I bleed blue too.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a gen 1 before, lost faith in the build quality and fit up of the gen 2 trucks. Im going back to a slow reliable gen 1 and wait till 2021 for Ford to come out with gen 3 raptor.

I have looked at 3 2018 Lead foot Grey 18 raptors and every one of them had shotty build quality. Tons of interior scratches, things not snapped together correctly, paint imperfections, and the lead foot paint scratches really easy.

As much as I love the look and performance of a Gen 2 I have no faith that this truck will hold up in the long run. Ford Quality has went down hill. Sad...I bleed blue too.

I couldn't agree more. Extremely happy in not waiting for a 2017. Also would have cost me another 25 grand for the gen 2 raptor.
Love my oxford 2013

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. Extremely happy in not waiting for a 2017. Also would have cost me another 25 grand for the gen 2 raptor.
Love my oxford 2013
I love mine 2013 Screw. Customized the way I want it, reliable 100%, proven engine and platform. I do not need to drive it like a sports car, because its not a sports car, its a big truck. Its an iconic truck that speeds up a heart beat of any one looking at it.

rmschaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find out when or if shocks have been rebuilt, check 4WD and listen for popping-snapping, IWES are a weak spot, look under driver door for damage to wire harness at that location; common mods are tune of some kind, exhaust "preferably stainless steel", CAI, if you plan on off roading and putting the truck thru its paces a bump stop of some kind is important and a pedal commander.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Find out when or if shocks have been rebuilt, check 4WD and listen for popping-snapping, IWES are a weak spot, look under driver door for damage to wire harness at that location; common mods are tune of some kind, exhaust "preferably stainless steel", CAI, if you plan on off roading and putting the truck thru its paces a bump stop of some kind is important and a pedal commander.
What he said^^^^. Crawl under the truck and check out everything to figure out how this truck was used, versus what the person tells you. Run carfax report and also consider cost of replacing tires...Its not the miles,its the condition and regular maintenance that what matters.