Livernois 6.6L Extreme Stroker Longblock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

revmenges

Reaction score
When Randy built his raptor he had listed these transmission mods:

Exedy Stage 2 Friction Kit
Sonnax Zip Kit
Billet Steel Intermediate Shaft
Circle D Converter
Tuning, Tuning and Tuning.

I know this is an old thread, but any idea what stall speed was used with the Circle D Converter?

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but any idea what stall speed was used with the Circle D Converter?

Depends on what you are going to do with the truck. I called Circle D and they initially wanted me to go 3k, I told them I use the truck in the desert and we aimed for 2600 - "6R80 Pro Series Stage III 265mm ChosenSize: 2500-2700 RPM 1A" The higher the stall speed the more overheating issues you'll have in sand washes and anytime the you have a lot of tire spin.

First time I took it out I was having overheating issues. Whipple, 37" projects, stacked plate cooler up front, AFE deep pan.

revmenges

Reaction score
I spoke with Livernois reps a month ago, and they suggested 2400 to 2600 window as well as explained just as you did regarding the over-heating issue with higher stall speeds. Circle D's rep suggested 3000 to me as well. I appreciate the response!

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for you guys that rebuilt your trans, did the mustang stage 2 kit from exedy work? or did you need to add another clutch? talked to one guy who seemed to think it needs another? i think im getting some slipping. could be some axle wrap (have some new rear springs coming) if that doesn't fix it i was planning on rebuilding the trans. figured i would do some upgrades while thats getting done